Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Boys Will Be Boys [Market, Shops and Spas]

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

For once, Edward was actually thankful. She agreed to stop talking. He relaxed a bit and nodded. "Sure sure.. A tour sounds fun. " He wasn't a nice guy, he was tough and mean. So he didn't owe her a smile. He just agreed and walked with her to wherever her home was.

He became startled when she patted his head and blinked a few times. He waited for her to start walking and rubbed his head uncertainly before he hurried to catch up.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable concentrated very hard as she lead Edward through Whitby's streets, trying to remember the way back to the hotel.  Edward himself had lead her around a bit, so she first had to find the market, but after that it was very easy.

The walk was silent for once, with the girl too occupied trying to find her way around.  Even once she felt more comfortable and familiar in her surroundings, she wasn't sure what to say.  She was worried Edward was still upset with her, or that she'd say something else that would make him mad, so she didn't say anything until they were outside of the hotel doors Father Brennan had taken her and her brother to just a few nights before.

"Here it is," she said, inexplicably embarrassed again.  The outside of the hotel was just as nice as it was inside, and it was very nice inside, she thought.  But she hadn't been in many hotels in her life, so maybe it was actually a very normal hotel.  She just hoped Edward didn't think poorly of her because of it.

188 Posts
4 Threads

Being around Mable and having her quiet so long was hard to take. He was used to her voice already. Also, as they walked, the boy was getting annoyed as they would sometimes go the wrong way. It would have been so easy if she'd told him. "I know short cuts, you know. Like I said.. back of my hand." He finally cut through the silence.

When they got to the hotel, he lifted his head to look up at it. He then shrugged as he looked to her. "Best hotel I've ever seen." He'd seen nicer ones, from the outside. But this was the best since Mable lived there for now and he was about to see the inside, so it was technically true. Not that he cared about such things. "Show me around." He said, almost ordering her but not as harsh as he always was.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable didn't know what to say to Edward's suggestion about shortcuts.  She knew the way too, but not what the place was called.  The sign was in curly letters she couldn't read!  So she just nodded and kept walking.

"Okay... come inside," she said, walking to the doors and heaving them open.  She held it for Edward, feeling proud of herself for doing so and followed him inside.

"This is the main room, the - the lobby, but I don't stay here very long.  Only my brother talks to the people behind that counter, they scare me a bit.  But my room is down here, follow me!"

She took Edward's hand to lead him down a hall to their right, running past quite a few doors before stopping at one, almost at random.  "This is it, so I'll show you inside.  Um... take off your shoes, I suppose.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have friends over or not, but I'm sure it's fine as long as we don't make a mess!"

With that, Mable turned the knob and swung the door open, holding it again and following her friend inside, hands behind her back as if he would judge the décor, as if she'd be scolded for it, as if had any choice in that matter.

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward nodded and followed her in. His eyes wandered the place and he gave a suspicious gaze to the person behind the counter. He was so used to being kicked out of places, he was worried it would happen again. He immediately gestured to her, "I'm here with my friend!" He said defensively and kept close to her and whispered sharply. "You should. They are all liars and selfish." Of course, so was he.

He hurried to follow her down the hall until they got to a random door. He looked back and forth, hoping to remember in case he wanted to visit her. Not that he wanted to. He was a lone dog, happy to prowl the streets and scare people. She wasn't yet, but he could make her scared. He was sure. He just didn't.

"My.. shoes?!" he looked confused but wanted to go inside. He slowly slipped off the shoes and immediately clutched them to his chest. He walked in slowly, looking nervous as he checked the place out.

"It's nice. Quiet. Comfy." He was jealous as could be, but couldn't say that.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable made an amused face when Edward kept his shoes close to his chest, but didn't comment on it.  If he wanted to keep them with him, who was she to stop him?  Taking your shoes off was a silly rule anyway, but she did it anyway, not wanting her brother to be mad at her when he returned.

"There are the beds, as you can see," she began, walking over to two separate mattresses against the wall.  There was a single nightstand between them.  She brushed her hand over one of the beds blankets.  "This one is mine!  Come here, touch the blankets!  Aren't they soft?  They feel like what I imagine clouds would feel like.  Or water, if it wasn't wet.  Or sheep!  They're the nicest I've ever had.

"At that table there - that's where I eat breakfast and dinner.  Well, where I'm supposed to, but I find eating on the floor is a lot easier.  But the table is nice to have!  And that's a desk, against that wall.  It's where I would do my reading and writing, if I cared much for either of those things, but I don't, so I'm putting the shells i collect from the beach there instead!"

She jumped on top of the bed and onto the ground, making her way to the desk to pick her favorite shells to show Edward.  "This one I found my first real day in Whitby, and this one is the same color as my eyes!"  She held it up to her face, the shade of green just barely off between her eyes and the water-eroded glass.  "You know, I think I have one that would match yours too!  Give me a moment, let me find it.  Your eyes are very blue, they're quite pretty you know.  Very bright!  They suit you!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

When Ed touched the bed apprehensively, he stared for a moment. He'd heard of soft beds but thought it was an exaggeration. Now, it was his dream to break into a place and sleep in such a bed.

"They are soft..." he said quietly and then turned to her. His expression remained stilled as she described the room and what she did there. Eating on the floor when there was a table sounded weird. But then he liked to just eat wherever so fair enough.

He moved to the shells, still clutching his shoes and glanced at them then watched in surprise when she jumped off the bed. He eyed the glass and nodded. "It does match."

A redness came to his cheeks when she talked about his eyes and he scowled. "That's stupid. Why would a boy want something that matched his eyes??" It was probably ugly anyway, but he peaked over to see.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Edward's comments about the shells made Mable click her tongue and roll her eyes, but she continued looking through them anyway.  "It's not stupid, it's nice!  If you ever forget what color your eyes are, you can just look at the shell, and say, that's right!  My eyes look just like this, and they're very beautiful!  And then you'll feel very good about yourself.  Here you are!"

Triumphantly, Mable turned to her friend and held out a small shell that had stripes of blue in between splotches of yellow along it's ridges.  She pointed at them happily.

"There, that's the color of your eyes!  See how pretty that is?  Oh, Edward, this shell was made for you I think.  Here, have it!  It'll be like, a small gift before I give you your real birthday gift, okay?  Not stupid at all!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward didn't care what she thought. It was stupid and he held out his hand for the shell even though her insistence that it was beautiful like his eyes made him frown more. He stared at the piece then realization hit.

"Take it back. I don't want it." He held the shell in his open palm. "We're friends, right? So give me the green one so I can remember your eyes. That makes a lot more sense. If you really think my eyes are so pretty or whatever, you should want to keep it. That way you remember. I mean unless you're just saying that. " He shrugged as if he didn't care at all.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable had sort if been expecting Edward's rejection of the shell, but it still made her frown.  But then the boy continued, and his words were almost like a challenge, and it made Mable laugh.

"You're so smart, Edward, that's a good point!" she said in between her giggles, taking the shell back and replacing it with the green sea glass.  "I'll treasure this shell forever now, so you have to do the same with yours.  If you lose it, I'll be really sad and cry, so don't, okay?"

Her words were serious, but Mable said them with a smile.  She looked down at the shell again and placed it on the desk, away from the rest of the collection so she would be able to see it at a glance.

Quietly, she wondered Edward wanting her green shell was just out of friendship, or because he thought her eyes were pretty too, and she was tempted to ask, but just the thought of doing so made her cheeks feel hot.  It was probably jus because they were friends like he said anyway.  And she knew her eyes were pretty!  She didn't need Edward to think so, or tell her that.  Even if she'd really like to hear him say it.