Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Boys Will Be Boys [Market, Shops and Spas]

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

Edward watched her somewhat amused and somewhat thinking she was ridiculous when she tried to hum whatever the melody was. Then she closed her eyes. He would have chided her to never close her eyes if she was outside and someone could rob her. But he didn't interrupt her.

When she figured out the song he recognized it. He nodded along and startled to whistle with her as his hand unconsciously patted against his leg with the rhythm. It was an easy and nonsensical ditty he'd just made up and so now he returned to it beside her. It had no real beginning or end so he just did it until she got bored and stopped. At least he did what she asked, though he'd had no intention to.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable's eyes opened a moment after Edward caught on and started whistling along, but they nearly closed again with how wide her smile was.  She clapped along to the beat he was tapping on his leg, and bobbing her head.

Ah!  It really was such a pretty little song.  She hummed it for some long seconds more before stopping and clapping properly, for herself and Edward.

"How beautiful!  We make a nice little - little - what did you call it?  A twosome, or a duet?  Well, either way, how lovely!  Thank you again Edward!"

Picking up her tarts, Mable hopped off the crate she'd been sitting on and dusted herself off.  "I'm having such a wonderful day with you, what should we do next?  Maybe we could put on a performance of our song on a stage, and earn lots of money from selling tickets.  I think we'd do very well!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward had continued the song until she stopped. He immediately looked to her, his expression over all remained unchanged, but deep inside was a small swelling of pride that he'd done something someone liked. This was far different from that teacher that had tried to just say things to try to make him behave, he wasn't going to be lied to by a guy in charge to get the peace. He felt smarter than that.

Had that guy quit? He hadn't seen him in a while. No matter....

His eyes returned to Mable as she said how good it was and then wanted to do something and suggested they play. He tutted her as he got off of his own crate. "No one will pay for that! We don't even got any instruments. Besides, shouldn't you take those tarts home? You might lose them or drop them and get them dirty." He also wanted her to go so he could hide his money. If he took it home, his mom would use it for everyone else or his dad would spend it on drink.

"I know. why don't you show me where you live?" If she remained clueless, he could come get her for something if he needed another person. Also he could harass her if she did find out and ditch or belittle him.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"Oh, yes, sure, of course!"  Edward had such good ideas.  If he knew where she was staying, he could come and play with her any day.  Everyday even!  "Follow me then!  I'll show you - oh, wait, before we go, um..."

Mable took a few steps down the street before she stopped and turned to Edward like she had before going in the bakery.  She looked nervous again, but kept speaking anyway.

"So, I don't actually live in a proper house right now.  My brother and I are staying in a hotel until we have enough money to - well, to leave maybe, or to get a house, I don't think we've decided yet, but.  Yes.  We're in a hotel, and Father Brennan paid for us because he's a very kind man, so as long as you don't mind that, I'll be happy to show you.  Also, we might get lost, I'm still learning the streets, but we'll get there eventually.  Follow me!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward started to walk with her when she stopped. He stared at her wondering why she was always acting so embarrassed at nothing? He shrugged and nodded as he walked with her. "That's fine. That's what they're for right? I think." He'd never been in a hotel. He wondered if it was one of the fancier ones.

"If you tell me which one it is, I might be able ta help you find your way. I know this town like the back of my hand." He said with a huge grin and walked alongside her. "Just let me know if you get lost." He was already forgetting whatever his plans were for the day as he walked with her. The only reminder to the money was the faint jingling in his pocket.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"Yes, hotels are for staying in.  It's my first time in one, and it's very nice so far!"  She probably wouldn't need Edward's help, and even if she did, she wouldn't ask him.  She could do it by herself.  "I don't really remember what the hotel is called, but we'll be fine.  Its by the church, I know that much."

Mable began skipping as she made her way down the street, playing Edward's whistled song in her head.

"What about you, where do you live?  If you just tell me, I'll probably be able to find it.  Also that way, I can drop your gift off.  Or you can come pick it up, if you come by the hotel in the morning, or later in the day.  I'm usually out a lot during the day, you know."

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward arched his brow as he walked with her and then smirked slightly. "There's more than one church. Which one?" He asked. "And you should let me see it, since I've never been in a hotel. I'm curious what it's like inside."

He was wondering how she was having such a happy time with him. Maybe she was stupid like Bram was, but Bram was always nipping at his heels whenever he saw weakness in Ed. She wasn't doing anything like that and he was confused. Maybe she was really clever and waiting for him to drop his guard so she could rush in for the kill. He was letting his mind wander into darker territories when she asked to come to his place.

"No!" He nearly shouted and realized he'd gone on reflex. He cleared his throat trying to make it seem like an accident. "You can't come to my house. You'd ah... you'd get too tired walking after getting pass the gate. The yard is so big you need a fast horse to make it worth your time. So I'll just visit you." He felt quite proud of his quick thinking.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Edward's shout made Mable jump.  She nearly tripped over her feet as she turned her head to look at him, eyes wide.

"Your house has a gate?" she asked, sounding more curious than amazed.  "Wait, you have horses?!  Oh, Edward, now I really want to see!  I love horses!  Well, I think I do.  I've only ever had cows!"

She was imagining a house like the one she had grown up on, but with a much larger farm if you needed a horse to cross it.

"I don't get tired very easily, you should know.  I walked all the way from Pennsylvania to New York!  It took a week, probably longer.  And I walked here to Whitby from... well, I'm not sure, but I walk a lot.  I could make it to your house from your gate three times over!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward was getting frustrated and it showed in the way he frowned. "You can't see it. That's just that. I'm sorry." He shouldn't have apologized, it was a stupid thing to be sorry over. She shouldn't insist to see his home when he said no. This girl just thought maybe there was something fancy. She didn't want to see his real home, she would hate it and hate or think of Edward as pathetic.

"Look, we're just going to go see your home. That's that. I'm trying to be nice to you, so don't ask to see my place. That's that." He said more insistently. A dark mood started to settle on him now that he was forced to tell her no, but he knew better. It was going to happen eventually. Stupid girl with her stupid cows and stupid farm full of stupid happy memories.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

The shift in Edwards attitude was, once again, jarring for Mable.  She could feel that he was angry, but she didn't understand why.  Anger was so often purposeless, though.  It would strike her father out of nowhere, and cause him to lash out, and it was happening to her brother and now her friend.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I didn't mean to upset you.  We won't see your house, and I won't ask again, okay?  Instead, I'll show you the room I'm staying in, I'll give you a tour!  That'll be fun, don't you think?  It'll be nice!"

Mable looked at Edward for a moment, and patted his head like her brother would do to her when she was feeling sad, and gave him what she hoped was a reassuring smile.