Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A walk in the garden [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She made sure to keep an eye on Jacob, multitasking between helping Edward and watching her son. Meanwhile, the boy continued to watch on in infantile fashion, cooing and ooing as he gazed at his mother and the man she was with. Ruth moved about, not shying away from the shovel if that is what it took to help out.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Edward was explaining the basics of the experiment as they worked. How the deliberate spacing and setting of the stakes to the right height, would change the way the sun cast a shadow on them. By using those measurements over the course of a few weeks and even years you could chart the course of the sun through the sky. While the only one there that could actually understand the explanation was Ruth, Edward constantly checked to see if Jacob was listening as well. His gaze flicked to the babe as he kept the language so simple that a child could have understood it... though not a baby.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Eventually, little Jacob would doze off and sleep while his mother worked with Edward. He was not paying much attention after a while. but we all know how babies are. She would glance over and make sure her son was well before continuing what she did. "Fascinatin'," she said at one point as she was surveying their combined efforts.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Yes, it will doubtless take some fine-tuning to get entirely correct but it's a start. Often times the best way to understand a concept is to start at the beginning. Our conception of time started by tracking the movement of the stars, while it isn't the subject itself there is still the potential to glean some useful information from this." Edward explained once they finished planting the final stack at the right height.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"I understand," she murmured and then looked down at their handiwork before pivoting and hefting the now, sleeping baby into her arms. "Let me put Jacob in his crib. I shall return." She gave a quick bob and then headed inside to put the baby to bed. While she was on her way back out, she got intercepted when another letter from Angus arrived. She nodded her thanks and then, without looking at the letter, headed back outside. She slowed her pace and opened the thing, then began to scroll the document with her eyes.

Damnation, was the man daft? Kidnapping?! She was mildly irritated, the letter soon crumpled in her hand. She was stiff as she marched back to where Edward was.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, alright." Edward said with a nod of his head as she took the boy leaving him to fiddle with his sticks. He looked up when she approached, her stomping feet attracting his attention. He gave her a slightly confused look as he tried to piece together what had changed.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She sat upon the blanket on the ground and read the letter again, then closed her eyes and pinched her nose. "He won't leave me be," she muttered, "He is tryin' ta say I kidnapped Jacob now."

312 Posts
2 Threads

Edward blinked as he digested the information and a puzzled expression formed for a moment before his eyes opened wide. "Ah, your ex-husband, what was his name? Bah, it hardly matters." Edward waved a hand as a bit of heat entered his eyes. "Truly, he is treating you abominable. We should go to the local constabulary, make it abundantly clear that you did not kidnap your child and that this brute shouldn't be listened to."

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Ye truly think so?" she asked. "Ye think he means ta be a threat?" Ruth reread the damned letter and was tempted to rip it up. "I didn't kidnap my son, I gave birth to him here in Whitby after Angus abandoned me. Now he wants Jacob. I want nothing more than for him ta go away."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Clearly he means to be a nuisance if nothing else," Edward said, he wasn't sure how far her ex-husband might go but the fact that he was talking about kidnapping meant he likely had plans to cause more trouble. "I know you didn't kidnap your boy, I recall you telling me that he left before Jacob was born. He might be the father but I do think that means he's given up the right to be a parent. I'll not have him harassing you because he's decided to come back when it is convenient."