Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A walk in the garden [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

It was a beautiful day out and it was her day off. She decided she would take Jacob out to the garden and relax, away from the family drama that was the Blacke family. Jacob was sprawled out on the quilt she had spread in order to shield him from potentially itchy grass. Her eyes watched the chunky little boy with love filled eyes, laughing softly as he made noises.

She moved to lie on her stomach and started to play with him. "Ohmnonomnom," she said as she pretended to eat his chunky belly. He giggled happily away.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"Hrmmmmmm."

The sound of Edward Blackwood's voice came from behind Ruth, largely because the man himself was standing there. In his arms, he carried an abundance of wooden stakes and a spade. It appeared he was thinking about doing some sort of experiment again but he'd stopped to stare at Ruth and Jacob, apparently in thought if his wordless articulation was anything to go by and then.

"Oh, you are pretending to eat his belly."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She sat up, startled, and Jacob perked up at the familiar sound of the man's voice. "Aye," she said with a blush. "Fergive me, sir, I will get out of yer way," she went on to say, lifting her child into her arms. The boy flailed his arms and then stuffed a meaty fist into his toothless mouth, gumming on his knuckles, his dark eyes wide and inquisitive as they peered at Edward.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, no trouble and don't feel you need to move. I was just curious what you were doing."

Edward said and he went to wave a hand to assure her she could settle down again, however, that hand was still holding one of the stakes so this wound up forcing him to jump about a bit as he nearly dropped everything he was holding. He wasn't successful and a few moments later he was laying in a heap, as he'd tripped over his own feet trying to keep everything in his grasp.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Ruth didn't bat an eyelash; she was on her feet the moment he was off of his. With Jacob still in her arms, she was at Edward's side the moment she could get there, leaning down over him. "Are ye alright?" she asked softly. Jacob thought this was an invitation to reach for the man, so he did.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, uh, yes I'm fine just tripped and oh my." The babe was apparently quite eager to investigate Edward as Jacob reached out he fussed enough that he almost slipped free of her grip. She likely could have corrected and caught him but Edward did so first finding himself with an armful of baby as he was still prone on the ground.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Jacob gurgled and perked his head up, smiling a toothless, drooly smile at the man as if quite proud of himself. The boy patted at Edward's face then, and Ruth was quick to reach for him. "Oh my! I am so sorry, sir, I didn't think he'd do that!" The boy happily continued to pat away.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"It's alright he didn't mean any harm."

Edward said as he stared into Jacob's face the man's expression was strained as it was clear he wasn't sure how to feel. Somewhere between amusement and a deep pain, the baby accidentally bringing to the forefront. Taking a shuddering breath he plucks the child up and offers him to Ruth as he struggles back to a seated position.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She pulled Jacob to her. He whined and whimpered, his face screwing up into the expression a baby gets when they are about to let loose. "Oh no ye don't," she murmured soothingly, baby now on hip while she reached out with her free hand to help him at least to be able to sit up. "There now, let's get ye to rights," she said, fussing over him without really meaning to.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I'm alright just give me a..." Edward didn't take her hand for fear of tugging her down with the baby in her arms. He pushed to his feet as she fussed over him and he chuckled lightly as he looked at the mess he'd made of everything he'd brought out. "Thank you for the offer. Just didn't want to make you do it when you had one hand on the baby." He explained his concern for young Jacob abundantly clear.