Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

In-Laws are Still Sisters

47 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'5''

Ruth did not take the disappointment as an offence. She was used to “strangers” not being used to her family dynamic. Kitty was technically part of the family, but practically she had experienced very little of the internal tension that always dominated Fater’s house and couldn’t understand how they had all turned out like that. But also, she wasn’t wrong. “Might be, yes. We also have our ways, you know,” terrible ones, possibly but she didn’t know any better. Also, with few notable exceptions, they all had… let’s say a lot of personality.

Ruth nodded in a grateful fashion. She was very curious to see what her brother’s idea of paradise looked like. Apparently he was way more invested in this than she had ever imagined. Why she hadn’t imagined she wasn’t sure, considering how much of a scandal his marriage had been. Ruth shrugged “I’ll decide once I’ll see it. Also, I can tell if music is well composed even if I don’t like it,” and there she went, starting with musical metaphors.

Ruth nodded. She hoped that too, even if right now she had to fuck off to the middle of nowhere to avoid scandal, fix her finances and… and all the rest she didn’t want to think about. Ruth blinked a few times. She had lived a very party adjacent life style. For her, home is where music happened, safety and peace had never really been part of her vocabulary nor experience. Even in that case, though, she couldn’t prevent herself from smiling at Kitty’s sympathy. She wasn’t just sweet, she was patient and uncomplicated. Her kindness seemed to demand nothing back.

Ruth finished her lemonade and barely managed not to spat a the mention of her brother. Zech would have had a few choice words on the subject. Or at least a specific expression. Or potentially a long, powerful laugh. And the rest… Ruth widened her eyes “Oh, I’m sure you hear that well enough without me telling you. No one is exactly subtle, I’m afraid.” She massaged her temple, virtually tortured by the reminder of how most of the members of her family talked to each other. Scared to love one another. That was fitting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-23-2022, 09:28 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-24-2022, 09:47 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-25-2022, 02:34 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-27-2022, 11:16 AM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-28-2022, 09:52 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 03-30-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 04-02-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 04-05-2022, 09:48 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 04-10-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 04-21-2022, 07:56 PM
RE: In-Laws are Still Sisters - by Ruth Meijer - 04-26-2022, 09:32 AM