Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Turning a Page [Market, Shops and Spas]

158 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Alias: BlackAck

"Oh. I see." Mrs Russell answered. "My Ellie is at that. A book shop you say? You'll improve yer letters then, Ellie. How much are ye payin'? Ellie's wages help her family."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine smiled as it was going very well. "Ah, I will be paying her the same she is making now, but I've purchased her some new clothes so she looks very presentable in the shop when she isn't cleaning. So I told her starting next month I'm willing to do double. But, of course, feel rest assured if there is ever an emergency. She can return home or you can visit her any time. I am very easy going and more than happy to help continue her schooling. I'm quite educated." She spoke as if she'd memorized it. She actually had plenty of time during their shopping trip and walk to try to figure out what to say.

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Double ye say?" Mrs Russell's frown disappeared. "Well, I have three conditions: Ellie, ye must join us for chapel on Sundays, no arguement; ye send some of yer wage 'ome; Miss Pennyfeather ye'll provide her with a positive womanly influence."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine looked more relaxed and delighted. "I already made it clear she was more than welcome to keep going to church, even got her an outfit for it. And of course, I wouldn't want my maid to feel stress over worries for her family so I am more than happy to provide more as a bonus if there is ever an emergency at home. "

She recalled the mention of charity. "I will have her make it up. Maybe I will make her reorganize the store or something." She seemed in thought. She held up her hands to show herself off as she gave a slight curtsy. "I will do my best. I can assist to make her as lady like as I am, if that is enough for you, madam."

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Thank you, Miss. Ellie's very dear to me. It warms my 'eart that she has found an employer who'll take care of 'er. Ellie, you look very pretty in that dress. Would ye two like some pie?"

Ellie sighed. It was like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She whispered to Christine. "We're fine, Miss. Pie is good." Missus Russell's baked goods were known in the Cragg and beyond.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine knew enough to always accept food offered in kindness. "If it is what we smelled on the way in, I'd be a fool to refuse.' She smiled nodding to the woman and gave a wink to Ellie when her mother wasn't watching to signal she had it in the bag now. "And I agree, she is so adorable in the dress. It was an old one of mine and I'm happy it gets to have new life. "

158 Posts
5 Threads

"My pies are known far an' wide. Ye'll have ta come back when th' rhubarb's ready." her mother answered.

Ellie grinned widely. When her mother got going on the subject of pies and baking, it was a great sign. If her father had objections to Ellie's new situation, those would soon be lost in a jumble of crust, gravy, lard, and meat.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded as she listened and laughed lightly. "Ah, I may see if I can join Ellie when she comes home sometimes, so that I may have a slice of pie since it sounds like something I've been missing out on."

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Yer welcome anytime, Miss. I'll not 'ave it said the Russell 'ouse is an unwelcome one. Though next time it'll be sight tidier."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine waved the woman off. "It's a well lived in home. You have nothing to worry about. I am glad to ease any worries you may have about her new employer."