Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Turning a Page [Market, Shops and Spas]

158 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Alias: BlackAck

"Oh!" Ellie smiled. She should have guessed that one. Ellie saw that Christine fiddled with some gloves "something fer yerself, Miss?"

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine seemed deep in thought as she eyed the gloves. "I like these, I thought we could both use a pair. When we want to look extra fancy."

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Oh that would lovely." Ellie answered. The most well to do ladies wore gloves. The woman finished taking all the measurement. Ellie didn't know there were that many things to measure

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine grabbed both gloves and put them on a counter and spoke to the woman for a few moments and then signed something and handed over some money. "I'll pay the rest tomorrow, alright?" She said before walking to Ellie and smiled. "Would you rather get the bed now or the shoes?"

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Shoes, Miss." Ellie answered eagerly. After all, a bed was a bed. Surely.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and thanked the woman before walking out with you. She started towards a shop to get shoes nearby she knew of. "I think comfortable boots for work and something nice for market or church?" She said aloud as they walked. She was dreading a bit for the shopping to end and she'd have to face her parents.

158 Posts
5 Threads

The street wasn't too busy, the chatter of townsfolk, the clatter of horses hooves, the distant shrieking of the gulls. "Sounds lovely, Miss. Thank you." Ellie answered the question of shoes. Again, she still felt the need to thank the woman for her generosity. Yet, her mind was already moving beyond the boots and the bedsteads to think about her upcoming meeting with her parents to explain all this. It'll be fine.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine laughed. "You will get tired of thanking me." Luvkily. The shoe store didn't take very long. They managed a nice pair of boots for her that would fit and a more comfortable and durable pair for daily activities. The woman also got a pair for the girl that were a bit fancier and higher heeled , she could get used to wearing them before they were needed.

The furniture took almost no time, Christine managed to get a simple bed and dresser ordered to be delivered the next day. She then wanted to delay meeting Ellie's parents, so she made the excuse of eating a small meal at the market. They had been busy since the girl was hired after all.

Finally. Christine tried to hide her nervousness as she let Ellie take the lead this time. "Just remember, your practically an adult and you're going to be taken care of. They can come check on you any time as well..." she said as if hoping she wouldn't have to speak to them.

158 Posts
5 Threads

Ellie nodded.  She led the way to the ancient, narrow, crowded alleys in Whitby's heart that made up the Cragg. Ellie made an effort to avoid the deep puddles and tried desperate to ignore the stares of some of her neighbours and the people she grew up with. She reached her house, the window was open, the smell of something baking wafted through the opening.  Maybe she could slip in and leave a note. 

A well built woman appeared in the window. No such luck. It was her mum.  Mrs Russell was about 40, thin, and though her looks had softened with age and hard labour, traces of youthful beauty remained.

"Ellie?" she frowned "I thought you wore black this mornin'?"

"Hi mum." the girl answered from the step. Turning to introduce Christine. "This is Miss Pennyfeather. She's offered me a job. Can we come in?"

"Think you'd better." the older woman answered, her frown deepening. Mrs Russell didn't wait for her daughter to sit down. "I wasn't expectin' guests.  Explain yerself young lady. I don't understand, you have a job. In Argle Street."

'Well, - I sort of gave notice this mornin'" Ellie answered quickly. She looked at Christine. Jump in any time Miss please.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine smiled very casually even if she did find the girl's mother intimidating. "Yes. I am Christine Penny feather, I own the bookstore in town Pennyfeather's Papers. I've been there a while and someone suggested I should get a maid, I decided it was a fantastic idea and put out an ad a few days ago. Ellie answered it today and I hired her almost immediately. I think she was raised well." She added with a cheerful look. "So polite and she sounds like she'll be hardworking."