Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Old West is Easy Compared to Whitby [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Kitty patted his arm lightly as she laughed. "I have had a wild life. I should tell you stories sometime! I didn't get in trouble that often, but it happens. You travel enough you get bored and I have loved to drink. But it's at a bar I met Uriel, so I won't say I have regrets." She chuckled as she looked down at Abe. She still loved to drink, but she couldn't do it at the moment, and she knew it was important not to around Uriel, it felt strange and wrong to do it behind his back as well. She would either give it up or figure something out when she could.

"Don't worry about it so much. He's just a kid, as long as he's not causing trouble... He's too young to get a record. You don't have no friends?" She asked as she eyed Noah curiously. "Or another brother or sister who is an honest worker like yerself?"
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Height: 5'9''

He didn't really have friends. None of the sort he would trust enough to work here, anyway. And as for his siblings... He hadn't heard of Eliza since she had run of with some chap, Ruth was, well.. trouble. Claude was busy being better than the rest of them. Albert was in prison. He had no idea where the fuck Eugene was... actually, he hadn't seen Eugene in months. Joined the army? Joined a gang somewhere in the big city? None of his older siblings would do. "I could ask one of the younger ones..." he said.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

She took a deep sigh as she sipped some more water and looked over the view. "Don't worry yerself none. It's fine, we can get someone else. It's only temporary anyway. I don't want you to stress over this, alright? You need ta relax and let your siblings do what they want if they are so young." She rocked a little and then closed her eyes. "Noah. I want you ta make a promise to me. Will you?"
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Did Mrs. Meijer understand that letting his siblings do what they want was likely to have them end up in prison, if not dead? Probably not. He decided not to contradict her.

"Aye, ma'm? What is it?"
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

"Trust us a little. I know you love your family, and that's a lot. I also know what it's like not having a perfect family." She frowned thinking of her father whom she had never met and was glad he was dead. "But, please, understand that I trust you. I trust you to work here and I trust you with Abe and Uriel. I even trust you enough when I am stronger, I'm gonna teach you how to shoot cause I believe you'd have fun with it and it could be useful.. cause I trust you wouldn't use that knowledge against us or for some stupid purpose I wouldn't approve of." She spoke softly. "If you make a mistake, or yer in trouble, tell us. Tell me. If you got a request, it doesn't hurt to ask. Can ya do that for me?"
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Noah wasn't sure how to deal with that. Nobody ever trusted him. And he was afraid of all the trust she said she put in him, because he didn't trust himself. He wanted to be good, but he often forgot when push came to shovel. He glanced up briefly, before avoiding her eye, picking up his water to have something to do. He looked at the glass in his hands. "Aye Mrs. Meijer... I won't disappoint ye."

He probably would.

He glanced up briefly again. "Thank ye."
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty nodded as she sipped her water. "Oh I know you won't. If you ever do, I'll just shoot ya." She then laughed and winked at him. "Just a little." She grinned as she thought her joke was clear. "You're a good kid, Noah. Just have a little confidence, you act more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Noah looked a bit embarrassed. "I just... things usually go wrong... Sorry." This was awkward. He was better at shouting and calling people rude names than having a serious conversation.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty rose her brow. "Yeah. It goes wrong. That's life. I am here cause my life went wrong when my horse threw me and wrecked my back. But it's turned out alright, ain't it?" She grinned a bit. "It's about having people to rely on during the bad and trying to make the most of it when it does. Keep your head, kid. I know you got a brain in there somewhere, but you're like me. Sometimes that temper just takes over."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Noah gave her a small grateful smile. "Aye, sometimes it does." That, and he had never really had anyone to rely on. But then, he had not ben very reliable. He quickly put his glass to his lips and drank, wishing it was somethin stronger that would help him forget that.