Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Time for Tea [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

Vela nodded with a friendly smile, and went to gather a plate and put two of the watercress sandwich on the plate and a small sample of the other items.  Then going back to sit down graciously, she nibbled at one of the sandwiches.  "You have done quite a nice layout here."  She meant it.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her

"Aye, ye have," agreed Ruth with a chipper smile. She also gathered some food for herself and sat back down all dainty like. "This is wonderful!" And then she took a bite of watercress sandwich.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"Thank you!" Betsy said, doing her best not to let her voice rise in octave and slip into her working accent, with how excited she was at their praise. But the smile she was wearing made it clear that she was utterly delighted by it. "I am so glad you are enjoying it." The tea finishes steeping and the leaves are strained and the cups are passed to their respective guests. "So, what should the topic of conversation be today ladies?"

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela took a sip from her cup and sighed.  It was perfect.  She let the steam wave upward to enjoy the scent as well.  Then grinned at the young woman's question.  "I would like to know more about the social life of each of you.  I am still new to the area and need to find things to get involved in other than cooking.  Though of course, that is my favorite thing, it is good to take breaks from that from time to time.  Though my parents are very supportive of my choices in careers, they are also still hoping that I will find a nice man and have a family and be happy with just cooking for the family."  She chuckled taking another sip. 

"I haven't met anyone here other than my employers, and that is not a good idea when looking at a man to become friendly to, is it?"  She asked glancing around.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Ruth froze at the talk of men and social life. How was she supposed to reply to that? It took her a minute, she sipped at her tea after adding sugar and cream. After that, she made a show of stirring the tea a little more. "I have no social life. I... me husband left me and I am raisin' me boy on me own." Because she was not about to let him.

"I talk to Mister Edward ta try and get him ta eat, our coworkers, and me parents, but that's about it." She took another sip of tea.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I grew up in Whitby, I know most of the folk in the village. Though much like you both, I've spend most of my time here on the estate. Which is part of why I was so excited to do this."

Betsy said, sensing Ruth's discomfort and interjecting quickly to beam at them both.

"Though yes it does make finding a man rather difficult. Mister Lane is nice enough but a bit proper and I don't think he's ever even look at a woman. Angus is married of course. And well, Master Blackwood is... Well, we all know what he is like. Still, perhaps we could go out for a night on the town. There will probably be a dance of some sort soon for young men and women to mingle, I could ask around the next time I go into town for groceries."

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela's face brightened.  She had noticed that Ruth had seemed a bit uncomfortable after her comment about meeting nice gentlemen.  The idea of a dance though would be wonderful.  "When I am not working on organizing the food for the event, I think it would be relaxing and delightful to do some dancing."  She agreed.  "Do please find out some sort of local event for us to go to."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She didn't comment because she wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't married, but she didn't know that. "I couldn't iffin I wanted to," she said softly. But that was all she said. She sipped her tea and looked down.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh tosh, we can get the time off work easy enough. And it's not like you have to go after any men Ruth, just come out and have a bit of fun." Betsy says as she reaches over to pat her friend's hand. The young woman was misreading the reason for Ruth's hesitation but she was eager to have more of a social life.

"And I'll find us something soon. Might even meet someone who is proper posh. Sometimes we get young wealthy men visiting from London and they attend parties with us common folk." Or so Betsy had been told. Tales of young lords having a secret dalliance with a commoner's daughter at such events were common gossip, usually romanticized to have the young girl swept away to a life of leisure.