Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Beauty Is a Gift to the World [Market, Shops and Spas]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius gave a small shrug as he smiled. "Maybe. I don't go into town as much as perhaps I should. But I believe you."

He looked very happy at the promise that Calliope would pose for him more. "I'm glad I haven't scared you off." He looked very genuine in his statement before leaving.

When he returned with the bottle and two glasses, he set them down and opened the bottle to pour them both a glass. "You may very well be right. I do not know the details but it was soft and beautiful so it caught my eye as some things do." He gave him a nod and a smile before handing over a glass and held his up. "A toast? ...to art!"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri laughed “I have been here three days, monsieur, if you actually know less than me I’d be worried about it.” They raised their thick eyebrows meaningfully, shaking their heads.

Chéri shrugged again “Oh, you have time, I wouldn’t worry. But also, I am resilient. And quick to respond if needed.” Which meant they were brave more than not scared. And yet, they didn’t look it, still enveloped in that odd gleam of distant beauty.

Calliope extended their arm with a lascivious gesture, too distracted to be something they had planned and waited for the glass. “You like soft and beautiful things, don’t you?” Chéri looked around the room. They looked at the painting. Maybe if they had had more used to art critique they could have said something useful, extend their thoughts and maybe bring an artist to new height of thinking. But Chéri was a creature of body more than anything, so they didn’t say. “To art!” Was all they added.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"Just because someone lives doesn't mean they are always aware.." He said with a small smile.

Darius laughed and waved him off. "Do not worry about it, if you haven't been frightened yet, I do not think I shall. Though there is time, it would be something unforeseen to scare you, I believe. But if you are bothered or frightened by something, do not force yourself through it and tell me."

"I like many things. But soft and beautiful are top." Darius admitted and smiled before clinking the glasses together and drank from his. "I think we will get along wonderfully."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope wrinkled their nose, but didn’t add anything, maybe because they needed to reflect on it, maybe because Darius was paying them.

Calliope laughed a little to themselves “I will survive” and with a metaphorical Gloria Gaynor starting to play in the background, they adjusted themselves to a more comfortable position, before starting to sip the wine, savouring the quality. It was booze alright and they could work with that.

Calliope kept smiling at the artist, while he shared more about his interests. Calliope turned to the painting “Like Madame Carringtòn.” They pointed out. Calliope nodded. It was a new beginning, no doubt.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius tilted his head but didn't ask about that reaction.

He sipped his wine happily and looked to Calliope as they mentioned Madame Carrington. He rose a brow confused then looked to the painting and his shoulders drooped lightly. "Ah... yes. She wasn't a Carrington when I painted that. She had come to my room by chance to hide from some party goers, friends of my late brother, no doubt. I hid her from them and to pay me for my kindness she allowed me the chance to paint her."

He stared at the painting in deep thought and sipped his wine. "She was the closest I had to a friend in a long while, but I've not seen her since my last painting..she's certainly moved on in her life. But it's fair she never truly owed me in the first place."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Darius’s confusion was swiftly cleared, only to reveal itself to be an additional piece of Sonia’s story. Chéri looked at him with a certain interest, following with attention and connecting the pieces. “On the same occasion?” They ended up asking, focusing on the least important part of the story.

Chéri also followed with interest Darius’s gaze towards the painting. Chéri smiled and commented “I saw her yesterday. She has quite a lot on her hands, but I think she also has lots of time on her hands to think about old friends.” Without knowing anything more about their story, Chéri felt they could asses that wherever Sonia was, it had been a while since she has moved on, in general. Maybe even from Darius.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius laughed softly. "Oh no. It was much later in the day when she'd come to me. She visited me many days after that. Perhaps it was a break from her regular life." He shrugged and smiled. "I enjoyed the company "

He rose a brow and looked back at it as he sipped the wine. "You saw her? I'm glad she's doing well. Maybe she does." He shrugged and turned from the painting. "Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing she'd think of someone like me as a friend. "

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri nodded and added “Maybe she also wanted to be on her way during the day. With that kind of job, on ends up sleeping with the day and working with the night. It’s like being a shadow creature,” it probably sounded quiet sinister, but Chéri did not seem to realise. “You did say you are very lonely.” Chéri pointed out, less delicate than they could have been.

Calliope finished their wine, sprawled on the chaise longue and simply asked “Why?”
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius laughed lightly. "I am usually up at night myself, but yes, she has most certainly been busy." Already he refilled his glass before glancing towards Calliope and then away. He leaned back in his chair and shook his head. "No matter how lonely they are, a crow can not simply join the swans. They live in different worlds.,"

He held up the bottle slowly to see if he wanted more. "Calliope, my dear beautiful fellow, you must understand. No one becomes my friend. I dwell in the shadows of my own home, and disturb most who meet me. " He dramatically draped an arm over his eyes. "The only friend I ever knew was a madman who used me to stroke his ego and help feed his sadistic desires. And yet I still miss him because he was the only one who called for me. I helped her and she came to me so I could paint her. I always longed to see her again. But there was no way I could call out to her. She appreciated my kindness, it does not mean she enjoyed my company. And I am grateful for what she gave me."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Darius laughed and made a dramatic remark. Calliope snorted in disbelief and commented “Nature is not as strict as that. And you actually wanted to talk about humans, they mix with each other way more than you’d think, if they have enough money and safety to do so. And sometimes, even when they don’t” they obviously spoke from their big city experience.

Calliope shrugged “Why do you think that? Have you been told you disturb by everyone you met? Or you have too little love for yourself to believe someone else might actually find you interesting?” No drama in their voice, everything they stated sounded matter of fact. The other told him about what Chéri guessed to be his brother. “Come visit me, if you need an excuse. Am I, or am I to your muse? And I happen to live where she lives now.” Chéri did not see all this impossibility in the Darius and Sonia’s future, which probably made even more apparent how little they knew about things like keeping one’s reputation.