Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Beauty Is a Gift to the World [Market, Shops and Spas]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius had been traveling through town, he had no desire to buy things and he wasn't there to talk to people. Darius just wanted to walk and breathe and be away from the house. He had been inspired from the meeting with the artist and wanted to do something. Of course, what that was he didn't know. Maybe he should try something other than people. But he liked painting faces that called to him and beauty should be immortalized and shared. He looked into a water barrel and considered maybe he should do a self portrait one day.

The man rubbed his chin in thought as he looked at himself before standing up to continue when he saw someone. It had been quick but he found his attention snatched already. He changed his course to follow for just a few steps, wanting a better look. It was like Sonia all over again. Like a muse given physical form, he felt like he had to paint them.

The Carrington hurried just a couple of steps to catch the young figure and held up a hand. He had to keep himself from grabbing the stranger as that was rude and could be seen as aggressive, so he tried to be considerate though his eagerness was clear on his face, "I am so very sorry to stop you but, have you ever thought about modeling?"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

It had been a few days since Chéri had arrived in town. Once they had started to settle down at the Diamond Pony, it was now time for them to get acquainted with the town. Whitby wasn’t Paris, once again, but it also wasn’t their village or the god forsaken gothic place they had recently escaped. Where most of their jewels, summer clothes, accessories and every day necessities still were. And were probably going to stay.

Chéri sighed, looking into a shop window. Even if they wanted to buy something, that wasn’t going to happen any time soon. Sure, their new place of employment granted them more than the bare necessities, but it was not the life of luxury they had once lived. Also, their well-trained body ached for the chance at exercise, feeling under stimulated.

They turned and started walking down the street. Their best shot, realistically, was to find their first local client. How they would chat them up for up for discussion, but some things needn’t words. On that, they could count.

Raising their chin, they found someone in front of them. And just like many times before, a man had found them before Chéri could properly start looking for one. And his expression left no doubt in Chéri’s mind: this man wanted something from them. What that was was up for discussion. “I am sorry, monsieur, I don’t understand you,” Darius looked well-off enough to be educated, at least in their eyes. And in Chéri’s world, well educated Englishmen spoke French.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

The man before him instantly looked elated.  "Oh you speak French!" He instantly said in French and smiled.  Darius had loved learning that language,  it was the tongue of beauty, romance, and artists.

He placed a hand on his chest and struck out the other to shake Chéri's hand. "I'm Darius, and you are breathtaking-beautiful... I want to paint you!"

While he would think anyone would love to be a model,  it didn't hurt to sweeten the deal. He glanced towards the window they had been looking at and gestured towards it. "I can buy you something, but you must let me paint." He held up his hands innocently. "Just to paint. I'm beyond a man. I'm an artist."
He was not beyond anyone, but he could promise this new muse their safety.

372 Posts
16 Threads

In hearing the response, Chéri smiled right away. Their smile had a uniquely warm quality that can only be reached by a good mixture of youth, bubblines and a good amount of self-awarness. Also having a big mouth on a small, delicate face didn't hurt.

Surprised to encounter someone so gallant, Chéri offered their hand. Their answer, however, was not equally impressed "I know". They volunteered no name, as it was their costume.

Chéri liked being a model, but coming from a market saturated both in offer and supply, their focus was on something else "I will be happy to model for you, Monsieur, as long as the payment is appropriate" no mention to a present: that was a tip and Chéri was going to secure the main payment first. "what would you like to do? Some face study? A specific pose study? Some action drawing?" The title did not seem to impress them, as they had probably heard more dramatic descriptions in their former life.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius was surprised by the response and laughed. This person before him had a flair. He nodded in agreement and then they spoke of styles and payment.

"A professional model!" That was new but then he'd had few models and most of the time it wasn't in the fairest of circumstances. He clapped his hands together and almost nodded but then faltered. He had no idea what was fair payment.

"I will pose you until it looks right and then paint. " It was that simple to him. "Will it help if you see my work first?" Maybe once they saw his beautiful work they would be more eager to work with him. He did not even consider the possibility that his slowly growing taxidermied army would scare them off way before they saw the paintings.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Darius did not seem to mind Chéri's attitude too much and Chéri relaxed a little, noticing his positive attitude.

As the artist noticed their clear experience with the subject, Chéri smiled with just half their mouth, looking sly.

Chéri blinked a few times and then agreed with a nod of their head. It sounded pretty standard, even though most artist preferred sketching only for their first session. Chéri narrowed their eyes a pushed their heads back, reflecting "Well, if you have a theme or are planning to do something similar to something you have already created, sure. Otherwise, I mainly need indications about what you want me to do, what I need to wear and what you need me to express."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius nodded and entwined his fingers as he looked towards the other. "Oh do not worry, I can provide the clothing. And yes, it will be... similar to work I've done. And you are welcome to refuse, but I will hope you agree. I'll immortalize you on canvas!"

The man was clearly excited and without thinking, offered his arm to the other. "The Carrington estate isn't far. If you want anything, let me know. I demand my model be happy and satisfied." He laughed lightly, hoping his pretend show of confidence didn't wander into arrogance. "Of course you'll only get paid after wards. "

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri turned their head to the side slightly and wrinkled their nose, in a delightful show of distrust "And why would I refuse?" They looked around. There was nothing urgent awaiting them. The man took their arms, mentioned and estate and expressed the intention of going. Chéri looked deep into his eyes, making their own ambiguous and filling them with vivacious light at the same time. "Alright, if it is so urgent." They agreed praying it would turn out alright.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

The man shrugged casually, "I think it would sound strange and menacing to not offer you the chance to pull out any time." He was sure it was standard but he hadn't dealt with a professional before.

As they walked, he looked at the smaller man since he looked at him so intently. "I think when you burn with a passion it shouldn't wait. Nothing is more frustrating than not stoking the fires of creativity and letting it die. And you've put another log on my spiritual flames of artistry so I shall not let it fade. I want to paint you, at least get it started !"

He didn't get much further before turning his head to look at his companion. "Oh, I didn't get your name. What would you like me to call you?"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri nodded. They now looked patient and serene, their doubts gone.

Chéri took their time to reflect upon the man's word and ended up "Well, since there is no impediment, I don't see why you should hold back your passion, if you are burning like that." They winked and laughed lightly, starting to walk faster, to show their determination.

And when the man asked again, Chéri shrugged and smile wider. They leaned slightly towards the taller man and whispered "You can call me whatever you like. I will be whatever you like" and added a long stride, showing off the barely contained energy the had in them.