Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Beauty Is a Gift to the World [Market, Shops and Spas]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius was happy to see them following along with it. He quickened his pace to follow and his head naturally tilted to hear the whispering better. He looked down towards him curiously.

"Hm? You're already exactly what I want, my model and my muse. " He stood straighter in thought.

"Then.. I shall call you Calliope! Or Cal for short if you prefer. How is that?" He looked towards him with a pleased smile.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri could easily adapt their pace to whomever and had it been up to them, probably you would have seen them running towards whatever was next. Especially if it was money. But also, despite themselves, despite never really thinking about it, they had to admit that they missed being surrounded by creatives, they missed the mutual encouragement to creation, being able to do something for themselves and someone else at the same time.

The perspective of being potentially murdered and worse was a looming threat too common in their life for them to think too much about it. Besides, the situation was not exactly normal or chill to start with. Plus, they reckoned, examining Darius, the man did not seem to be drunk on the power he could potentially exercise con Chéri, which was a good sign.

Chéri offered their typical line and laughed, as to confirm that they had, indeed, a beautiful voice. “I’d say it’s perfect.” They would have even sang if they had had any idea who Calliope was. They look forward “So, your studio?” Probably hoping to be there already, potentially overestimating how small Whitby could be.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked quite pleased that Calliope had agreed to the name. He flashed his attempt at a charming smile, something he had never attempted before with seriousness so he only hoped it didn't scare his Mosel away.

"Oh it is a little bit of a wall, it's a large estate... we could get a cab but.." he went pale as images flashed in his mind. He immediately shook his head and gave an apologetic shrug, "Sorry I don't use them much these days... I think walking is so much better. And it gives you a chance to see the town on the way there, right?"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri found themselves facing a smile. The smile was not bad by any means, but it was also not well calibrated or confident. However, Chéri seemed sweetened by the attempt. Maybe it wasn’t because of a charming quality to it, but nonetheless they repaid a smile with a smile.

Chéri shrugged, ready to do either. “If you prefer that.” Chéri wasn’t going to reveal how tired or eager to walk they were, it just didn’t come natural to them Whatever their customer wanted was their preference, always. “Is there something I should notice in particular?” They looked around, offering Darius the role of tour guide.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius was happy with walling with him but gave pause at the question and glanced around. He managed to name a few buildings as they waved. "There's nothing particularly special about this town or its buildings but you never know what you'll find. In my case, I've found perfection in human form." He laughed as he gestured towards the other walking beside him.

"Maybe other places in town can hold treasures for you. Where are you staying , if I may ask? With family?" He wouldn't put it past some travelers trying to make a home in a small town but certainly could do far better than Whitby in his opinion. Or perhaps he had English cousins that were letting him stay for one reason or another. While Calliope seemed kind, he worried they'd had a stormy past. It seemed common around here.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri was used to compliment. Many had thought it to be the way to their heart, to their bed, to their money or to a more peaceful relationship with a feisty enemy with a temper, hence even being called “perfect” did impress them. “You are telling me a very small yet surprising place hadn’t offered you what your hand longed to draw to desperately?” The elegant words were pronounced oddly, which was a testament to how artificial Chéri’s refinement must have been. And hey, at least this time they hadn’t replied with an arrogant remark.

And then came the potentially less comfortable question. Chéri tilted their heads to the side, maybe surprised that the artist hadn’t guessed yet. “At the diamònd ponì, monsieur.” And where else could someone like them be staying? They were now observing with great intent, testing the artist reaction.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked away as if recalling something nostalgic and sighed. "No, I've painted perfection before. I still have the pieces I can show you. " He waved a hand out stretched to the scene before them. "There is perfection in many places since one can't define it in a single fashion. It is like saying every sunset is the same, or that we must be limited to one favorite food or color." He turned towards Calliope with a brighter smile as he felt that passion for beauty and art. "But I've only seen perfect people twice."

When the answer about where he was staying came,  Darius' face fell. That was where his brother had worked? Owned? Frequented? Something, he didn't remember or wanted to. That death that had caused so much trouble for him lately. "Ah... I see.." he quickly shook his head. "Sorry, I've heard recently there has been... a lot of misery there. I am very sorry about that. Please stay safe." He took his hand in both of Darius' and looked into his face, full of concern. "If you are ever afraid, I will give you sanctuary." It was a strange thing to offer someone he had just met. And for all he knew, this young man could murder him and rob  him blind when his back was turned. But he recalled Sonia and how she had needed rescuing once. He had to make the offer even though he hoped it was never needed.

372 Posts
16 Threads

The words of Darius were very romantic and Chéri gradually seemed to relax, a little. They enjoyed hearing about beauty, artist expressing what makes them enhusiastic about the world around them, how the different the same thing could appear on different days and used nature as an example, which Chéri could understand very well. They even ended with a clever conclusion and Chéri’s thick eyebrows jumped up briefly impressed “Twice? Really? You are telling me you have seen someone as beautiful as me before?” It was more irony on a compliment they were used to receive on a regular basis rather than an insulted reaction, but Chéri enjoyed playing the prima donna and fake a slightly insulted reaction. Darius appeared like an unending source of curiosity.

And then, their face fell. And Chéri laughed, a strong, too loud laugh that was not trying to be elegant, in fact, maybe it was trying to reassess what their station in life was. And they laughed for the entirely wrong reason. But they did not say. “You do.” Chéri confirmed, slowing down, ready to avoid a strike, in case a jilted fantasy turned into outrage. And then Darius went on talking about Magnus Carrington and Sonia’s misfortune. Chéri nodded lightly, going back to their regular self. They were again light on their feet, stronger and more determined to proceed, but Darius stopped them, to hold their hand. Chéri’s big, green eyes opened wide in a questioning look, that made them look younger and perfectly innocent, while they were actually trying to convey their surprise and such open affection shown towards someone who presented as a man. “I… thank you, sir, I was not there yet when the unfortunate events you heard of were taking place and I am not that familiar with the. Do you have reason to believe I should?” They did not seem bothered by having their hand held into that of a stranger.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Was this fun? Was he actually enjoying his walk with the young man he called Calliope? He was and that was something that gave Darius a small pep in his step. The reaction to his words made the man chuckle and turn towards him again. "You look different enough that you both perfectly bring beauty to physical form in your own ways. Like comparing a rose and orchid. "

He looked at Calliope when they laughed and tilted his head in confusion. The worry melted away slowly as relief filled in the gaps. "Ah, that is good to hear. I'm glad you did not experience any of what occurred there." The question had him give pause and he seemed to have forgotten or not cared that he was still holding the hand. He looked away in deep thought, "no, I don't think you have a reason, but..." he finally slowly released the hand and waved a finger as he leaned in to speak to him in a lower voice. "It shows how much can go on and only death could expose the beast. So always be aware and careful." It was so hypocritical of him to warn this man when he himself was slowly being devoured by buzzards without even realizing it.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri had to admit it: the man knew his way around with words. And since the other one had some pep in his step, so did Chéri, perfect mirror of every movement they could see. Chéri wrinkled their nose and batted their lashes. “Orchids are more delicate, less common, harder to make bloom and they are more beautiful on their own, while you need either one or lots of roses to produce a good effect. Orchids are just better.” Someone had lots of opinions apparently.

Darius was confused, as expected, but did not display right away the kind of disappointment Chéri had been expecting -and still sort of expected. Chéri nodded in approval. It sounded pretty bad and they were glad they didn’t have to deal with it. Darius kept holding their hand and Chéri placed their eyes on that. The hand came backand Darius did not seemed as worried. Chéri smiled slightly. But he naturally felt he had to do something to avoid their beauty being spoiled. They knew the kind of protective instinct they could manifest in people. The following words chilled them to the bone and made them less comfortable. Calliope turned their full head to Darius and was now concerned. Maybe they ought to stay as little as they could in this town after all.

They looked in the distance, trying to eye the manor.