Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Afternoon at the beach to 'Soak Up the Sun' [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Listening to the type of images he liked to draw/paint, Douglas was impressed.  "Live models are the best tae me as well.  I enjoy real-life scenes.  Like that there with the auld man 'elping the young lad learning tae use the fishing pole. Circle of life type of thing.  Things that relax me.  A sudden image of a man or woman catches me as well.  My fingers itch tae be drawing or painting it across a canvas."  He continued.  "Aye, I'd like tae see some of yur work."

Douglas reached out to try and help Darius from falling but missed his arm and down the man went.  He winced.  "Are yu alright, lad?"  He asked putting his own sketchbook to the side.  It had a heavy outside and the pages inside were attached inside it.  So, it was not going to blow away unless it got a lot windier out there.  Which it could but unlikely that particular day.  For paper and the hair, though that was another subject.

Douglas took his time looking at each image Darius shared with him.  His eyes focused in on the details and the emotion each one gave him and considered it with a serious expression.  At first, it would not say anything about his opinions, as art was very serious to him.  It might seem unliking as he turned from image to image.  Then looking up at him, he nodded.  "Dae yu 'ave any training or was this just what yu 'ave done with what yu 'ave for the fun?" 

Again, not any kind of positive or negative.  He was though interested in Darius' answer.  He was not taking his work lightly.  He did not make light of anyone's attempts be it good or not so good.  In this case, there was no indication of what he was thinking, however.  Not yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Afternoon at the beach to 'Soak Up the Sun' - by Douglas Gordon - 02-12-2022, 04:06 AM