Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Aftermath [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"I will consider it," she replied softly. Her eyes lowered for a moment and she actually gave pause to think. "I do not know if I want to give the child to just anyone," she said after that. "If I am to adopt the babe out, then I would want to get to know the family who wants him or her. And there is also the fact that I am so tired of running away from everything." She sighed and met his gaze. "I will talk to him... to Viktre... He has the right to know at least. I will not force myself upon him, though." She looked back at the portrait.

When he pointed out the hand, she saw exactly what he meant as an artist of sorts, she gave a nod of understanding. When asked about her own art, she shook her head, "I did take art classes, but only to get a better sense of shading and highlighting. Turned out I wasn't too far off the mark, as I tend to remember what someone's face looks like in my mind."
[Image: Pippa1.png]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

He nodded.  "I understand that completely.  There are many good families there or around that would love a bairn.  If that is what yu wish tae dae, we will make sure yu approve of the family."  He agreed.  In fact, he suddenly realized he felt strongly about that as well.  He would want to be sure the baby had a good home with a good family to go to.

He realized suddenly that bringing the lass to the castle with a bairn on the way would create the gossips that he was the father.  They all had hinted this lass or another to him to marry and have an heir, but with his sickness, he had pushed it away.  He would have to douse their hopes quickly on that idea.  Though he gave a slight smirk thinking how it would cause a fear of worry for his cousin that was currently his heir.  Maybe he would let that gossip go for a bit.  Evil as it would be to scare the man, the cousin was not a nice person.

As they talked about art, he gave a look of interest her way as she explained her skill.  He had forgotten all about the shoes, so he remained with only his socks on as they visited.  "Yu shoold 'ave more classes.  More advanced.  Yu have the ability, and shoold continue with it."

327 Posts
9 Threads

She nodded softly, frowning. Pippa smoothed her hands over her still-flat belly and then upper thighs as she considered his next words carefully. "I don't wish to run anymore..." The young miss took a deep breath and expelled it, then her eyes lifted to his, guarded. Philippa then said, "I don't know what to do, honestly. Everything is happening all at once and it's so confusing. I wanted to apologize for even... admitting to what I did in front of you, I am sure it was inappropriate of me... But I suppose you would have found out soon enough... one cannot exactly keep a pregnancy secret forever."

And then they were on the topic of art and she tilted her head, "I only do it as a hobby..."

280 Posts
8 Threads

He gave her a surprised but impressed expression.  Allowing the community to see her and know she was unmarried and carried a child would definitely ruin her.  There were those that skirted around such a thing with an early marriage or going away for a time as he had suggested, but to live out in the public, that was a statement for sure. 

"Well, that is yur decision as well.  It will be a 'ard life for yu and the bairn.  A child growing up in bastardy, will make it not 'ard for just yu but the wee one as well.  Consider what yu decide, lass.  Yu know yu will 'ave friends in myself and the doctor I am sure, but even we will be limited on where we could 'elp with yur reputation and 'ow people treat yu or the bairn."  He was being harsh with the truth, though it would not change the way he thought of her.  She was a brave lass, though a bit foolish for this particular topic.  It had to be her decision though. 

"I will 'ope that mon will dae the right thing by yu.  That would at least 'elp in some areas of yur situation."  He had a feeling though the way the man slept with an innocent and not taken care to avoid a bairn, likely he would not be one to follow through with the situation that he caused.

"Well, yu are good at it.  If yu want tae gae oot with me tae paint oot at the beach or at the ruins, let me know.  Might be good tae 'ave some fresh air.  With me and one of the lads with us carrying the supplies, it would be safe enough."

327 Posts
9 Threads

She wasn't sure what to do, truth be told. The young miss was drowning within a pool of grief and loneliness. She knew she had been foolish and at the time, hadn't cared, consequences be damned. But she knew the gravity of the situation and she was trying her best to work things out in her mind. She looked up at him then, brow furrowed, face etched with her exhaustion. Pippa didn't know why but she felt she could trust the man who would call her friend more than she could trust anyone. "I was stupid to have given myself like that... It isn't the child's fault that I gave in that way."

Part of her wanted to keep the babe, for he or she would know unconditional love regardless of their origins... That was for certain. It was a matter now of doing what was best for the child. "I need time to consider my options," she said quietly, probably the wisest idea she'd had since her life had become a dervish of incidences, all with dire consequences. Her eyes held his, he might've caught the glint of unshed saline trembling but trapped where it was, suspended against her waterline. "I just... I don't know, everything is a mess, partly of my own making." She gave a soft snort and her eyes shifted, moving upward as she swiped the irritating liquid before it even had a chance of dripping hotly down her cheek. Tears could go to the devil, she thought bitterly.

Her eyes returned to his after what seemed like a long moment. She was wringing her hands. "I may take you up on that," she said, a sad smile forming on her lips. Regardless that it didn't quite reach her eyes, she ha a lovely smile that seemed to belong upon that face.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Even in her sadness and her misery, or perhaps because of it, her beauty was accented and a part of his soul wanted to paint her just like that at that moment.  Though he, of course, would not suggest that.  He would do so later though once he was alone, as he had to get that image on either paper or canvas. 

"A time to think and enjoy the nature around us might be good for you."  He responded.  "You let me know when you would like to join me and I will get a picnic arranged for our nutrition and we will have a quiet day of painting."  He smiled warmly. 

His mind came back to the idea of annoying his cousin.  He could take the child as his ward, if it was a boy, that was.  Then he could legally choose him as his heir.  Though now there was a possibility that what he had was not inherited.   In that case, he might get married and have a proper heir.  His own life had hope and he looked at her.  Her life was a storm indeed.  He would have to consider things, and it would of course depend on the gender of the child and what the young woman chose to do.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She bit into her lip, wanting very much to take him up on his offer. Hell, she wouldn't mind going to the beach and drawing what she saw. Her eyes closed for a moment and she said, "I do not have my supplies with me, else I would tell you I would love to go right now. The thought of taking a deep breath seems a bit necessary right now." She gave another smile, and this time it did reach her eyes ever so slightly, her lids squinting only a twitch. "But I would like to go talk to Viktre before any of that."

Pippa took a deep breath in through her nostrils and sighed heavily out of her mouth. "I want to get it done with before it becomes obvious that I am with child. Regardless of his choice with me, he has the right to know."

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas chuckled.  "I 'ave enough for several of us, I never know what I will need.  But I will need to let the staff prepare a basket for us.  For me, I dinna take much food with me, but with yu there, and one of the men to carry things, well, better pack a wee more food."  He paused.  "Perhaps tomorrow?  Then yu could 'ave one of the lads carry yur set as 'e brings yu tae the beach.  That was where I was going tae paint next."  He explained.

Then she mentioned talking to the bloke that she had been with, he nodded.  "Then 'e is tae be back from sea soon?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

She nodded. "I'd like that." In fact, she found herself wondering what it would be like. Then she frowned at her silly thoughts and she said, "Tomorrow then?" And then he asked about Viktre as to whether he was back from sea or not and she gave a slight shrug, "I never know when I'll see him. I go to the market on my free days, mostly." She almost mentioned the fact that there was no commitment to it, just happened to be how things fell.

280 Posts
8 Threads

"Then let's plan it for tomorrow and your bloke can wait a wee longer for yur information.  Yu need a day of relaxing and just enjoying the beauty aroond yu."  He nodded, feeling the bloke should be more attending to his lady when he had been so reckless in his actions. 

He glanced down at his state of still no shoes.  "And I will be more properly dressed."  He chuckled.  "I am nae the best gentleman type character, meself."