Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Work training [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

170 Posts
4 Threads

Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=454
Height: 5'1"

Nat stood firmly on what she said.  "The teacher was there when I headed home.  She was talking to me about the quizzes she wanted me to take tomorrow as they are still trying to figure out what level I belong in.  I did outstanding on the ones we did today and I answered all my questions.  So, she will remember me and how I went straight on the road up this way once I picked up my lunch pail and looked around for Jimmy."

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias' eyes darkened on Jimmy. "Jimmy. Did ye lie to me?"

The boy looked mortified. He stared at his feet. "Y-yes, ser," he whispered.

"Why?"

"I don't know, ser...."

Tobias looked at Nat. "Nat. I'm sorry I told ye off. Go find Jenny and ask her for something to eat. And you," he turned to Jimmy. "Will go straight home to yer mother and confess what ye've done. I will go see her tonight and will know if ye haven't."

170 Posts
4 Threads

Nat nodded, reasoning that Jimmy would get what he deserved.  She didn't want him to be harmed, but the boy wanted her to have trouble.  So, that was on him.  She turned and headed back to the farm and went to the kitchen glancing around to see if Jenny was still working on the dinner.

67 Posts
0 Threads

Nat met Jenny before he could enter the kitchen. She was in the scullery, washing dishes and humming quietly to herself. "Oh Nat. Hello again. Couldn't ye find 'em?"

170 Posts
4 Threads

She shook her head.  "I found them, but Mr. Appleton sent me back to get something to eat.  I didn't get to have lunch."  She admitted.  She didn't want to tell tales about Jimmy.  It was one thing to be honest it was another to talk about his action to his sister.  "Do you happen to have something?  I know you were working on dinner, so I understand if you are not ready for that, but something to tend me until then?"  She asked.

67 Posts
0 Threads

"But I gave you lunch for school!" Jenny said surprised. Nevertheless, she dried her hands and walked into the kitchen. "Well let's see. There we are." She opened the larder and took out bread and cheese, which she put on the table. Then she found a knife and handed it to Nat.

170 Posts
4 Threads

She sat down and then nodded in response.  "I know you did, and I brought back the pail, but someone had taken what was in it out before I could eat."  She shrugged.  "I don't know who did it, for sure."  She reached out for the items she cut for her and started eating.  "I am sure it was good to eat, Jenny."  She added with a smile.

67 Posts
0 Threads

Jenny was on her way back to the scullery, but she stopped and turned when she heard that. "What?!" She put her hands in her hips. "You ought to have told your teacher. I'm sure he wouldn't have stood for that and would make sure he'd found out who did that before the school day is over. Ugh! The nerve of some kids!"

170 Posts
4 Threads

Nat gave a glance wondering what Jenny would think if Nat thought it had been Jimmy or at least that Jimmy had put them to it.  "The teacher was busy, she was dealing with something with other boys in class."  Likely the action that had distracted from the theft of her lunch.  "I've gone without lunch before.  I was already getting some trouble with some of the other boys, and I didn't want to add to it.  Scrabbling the first day would not have gone over well."  She shrugged eating more.

67 Posts
0 Threads

Jenny pursed her lips while her eyebrows knitted together. Then she huffed and went into the scullery to continue washing dishes. She left the door to the kitchen open so that she could still see and talk to Nat. "Don't let those boys get to ye! They're probably just jealous because ye already 'ave a job and yer older than most o' them. Talk to Jimmie if it gets too bad. 'E's friendly with most. They'll probably stop if 'e says sum't about it."