Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Things you read in the newspaper [Market, Shops and Spas]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

It had been about a week or so since his bad episode.  Mr. Roberts had heard that there had been a bad accident with a family driving one of the automobiles.  Those new 'toys' that so many rich people seemed to be so interested in these days.  Mr. Roberts reported that it had been in the area that Douglas was often walking and visiting. He had searched to find the story so that Douglas could read it.  Douglas confirmed that he had been in that area that morning. He took the newspaper that Mr. Roberts had found and took it with him as he headed out to run some errands. 

He had paused between errands and sat down on a bench in a park near downtown finally getting to read the newspaper that Mr. Robert had found for him.  It was from the day his episode had started.  He began reading about it and decided that likely that was what had likely triggered him.  There it said that the family children had taken it out for a drive and went down roaring through the poor area and lost control running into a house after trying to avoid hitting a local child in the road.  It would have explained the sounds he had heard and the hurt children.  It said the oldest was about 17 and the youngest had only been age 5.  No one had been killed, thankfully, but there were several severe injuries among the children as well as the child they clipped had a broken leg.  The house had also been damaged and required substantial repairing.

Well, that mystery was solved.  He frowned.  Glancing around he realized he wasn't yet ready to finish his errands.  Even so, the newspaper was over a week old, he began reading through the rest of it.  He paused at one of the items and frowned as he read it again.

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

First distinguishable thing about the next article he was reading seemed to be a grainy drawing of a woman that looked an awful lot like Pippa. Secondly, it spoke about the family tragedy she had suffered with her parents and brother perishing in a house fire.

Quote:Boston Local Family Dies In Deadly Fire - Heiress Vanishes.

"Sherman Danes, his wife, Eloisa, and son, Andrew, perished late October of last year. The daughter, Philippa, has yet to appear and it is believed she is at large in fear of her life, perhaps. There is a theory that someone who knew the family was behind the fire and, might be responsible for her disappearance."
[Image: Pippa1.png]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas focused on the drawing and cursed that they couldn't find someone that could actually draw.  He reread the story, and then back at the image.  It could be the Philippa that he had met.  The story would fit with what he knew about the young woman.  He frowned all the more deeply.  In danger for her life? 

Standing up he decided to go find either Tristan or Pippa to see if it was indeed the woman in the story.  Though first he needed to finish up his errands.  He went to send some telographs to his supplier up in London.  He was in need of supplies for making his paint, especially the red and black.  He also sent a message to his city manager in response about a few more paintings and a new request about him appearing at a gallery showing of his work in New York.  One last few messages were sent to his accountor and the manager back at the castle in Scotland.  He needed to approve some more supstancial costs there and reply some substances that he used in making his paint that he could only get there.  He found the colors it made was unique and perfect for his style.

Once this was done, he went to where he put in a order at the store for some canvas material so he could make up some more canvases.  While there, he wandered around the shelves to see if there was anything else he needed or that Mr. Roberts or Mr. Fraiser might need.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She had been so very tired... Either she had just been too busy, or she was not feeling well. The tired young woman made her way through the marketplace, her eyelids drooping some. The scent of the market did not settle well upon her that day, either, and she was feeling rather poorly. With a sigh, she paused at the fabric stall and fought the urge to run her fingers over the silk she saw. A wave of emotion hit her out of nowhere. There would be no silk; there would only be serviceable fabrics in severe colors that did nothing for her appearance. Her hair would forever be pulled back in a severe bun.

Then too was the fact she would never see her brother smiling or laughing again... or listen to one of her father's rambling stories... Or mama and she sitting over tea whenever she visited from school. All of that was gone and she was toiling her life away, grateful for the roof over her head but sometimes wishing Dr. Wells would... remember that she was new to all of this. She had grown depressed and quiet for the most part, only feeling alive again when she'd been with Vik. Her visits with him were the only thing she looked forward to lately.

Even now, she wished she was with him, staring up into his electric blue eyes as she is just about to... Bump into someone. "Ooh, I am sorry," she said, not realizing it was Douglas at first.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas wearing a casual walking suit of deep blue with a matching vest and light blue tie.  He looked up from the materials he had been looking at thinking he should buy something for the cook back home's birthday when he felt the bump.  Seeing who it was, he smiled.  "Well, hello there, Miss Danes.  I was thinking of you earlier today."

327 Posts
9 Threads

She bit into her bottom lip when she saw who it was. Her eyes registered surprise before she schooled her features into a guarded expression. "Oh?" She was curious as to what he was thinking about, but she also wanted to put distance between the two of them. He had seen her almost at her worst.

280 Posts
8 Threads

He still had the newspaper with him in one of his hands neatly folded.  "I was planning on going to visit Dr. Wells later today to visit with you, perhaps this would be a good time?  May I take you out for some tea?  I have something you might find interesting as much as I did in a newspaper."  He smiled in a friendly manner and his voice in a pleasant tone.

"I believe there is a small cafe near here, if you would like to join me?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

She took a step back and murmured, "I don't know... I... alright." She had a guarded expression still but would start to follow him. She was curious to know what he had read in this paper, but wondered why it had anything to do with her. She frowned thoughtfully as they made their way through the crowd toward the cafe in question.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas stayed at her pace as they walked the short distance through the sidewalks and across the street watching for traffic as he went along.  At the small but busy cafe, he opened the door for her, and then followed.  He indicated a table not far from the front window.  "Will that work, Miss Danes?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

She gave a nod and sat. Her eyes were on his face now, wide eyed. Wait a minute, had she even told him her last name? She couldn't remember. God, her palms were sweaty! Ugh, there was a droplet of sweat dribbling down her back. Of course, her corset felt a little tight at the moment. She did not look so well.

"Please... tell me what this is about, my lord?" She took on a formal tone with him, not sure what he wanted, not sure why she was there with the man who only ever showed up, aside from today, when she was in distress. Oh, hey, would you look at that? She wasn't in distress yet and he was there.