Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A New Life [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

6 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She/Her
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...le&uid=253
Height: 5'6"

How could her life had turned out like this? Her family had moved from Ireland to England for a better life, but then that hadn't work. Both parents were now dead and her siblings have returned to Ireland, which was not something that she was ready to do. How could she do it? They had their families; husbands, wives, and children... There was no place for her there. She was happy for them, she was even ecstatic that they had found the 'one', however, there was a part of her that felt abandoned. She was still searching for 'her place'. 

Her leaving England had to be a start, there was nothing there for her. There was tension between the Irish and the English, she was happy to leave it behind so there she was. She had managed to save up enough to keep a roof over her head for a short period of time. She had started searching for work. A few of the pubs and the restaurants seemed interested in her and a few people wanted her for house cleaning, cooking, etc. Llorna was hopeful. She had some good history; she cleaned, she cooked... She had done it all. She wanted to be independent... She wanted to make a chance for herself. 

After having run around a few times about the town, she would soon find herself seated easily in the sand, her shoes removed and sitting beside her. She loved the ocean, she always had. Breathing in deeply, she welcomes the scent of the salt water... The fresh air hitting her lungs caused her to smile. Ironically, no matter how abandoned she felt, she felt free and that was a sensational feeling. Bringing her knees up to her chest, she folds her arms against her knees before letting her hands come up to undo her long red hair. Running her fingers through the curly mane, she lets it fall down her back before resting her chin against her knees. 

It was peaceful for the time being. Lorna could not help but think of her parents. They enjoyed walking with them on the shore when in Ireland.  She remembered looking for seashells and digging her tiny toes into the sand as she laughed. Closing her eyes, a simple and easy sigh escapes her... She knew somehow that she would make it, whether it be here or somewhere else was pending.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Mr. Fraiser was on his day off.  He and Mr. Roberts take care of each other's tasks on each other's day off.  Mr. Fraiser enjoyed ending the day with a walk down by the beach.  He had lived his life inland and this was always quite an amazing site to him. 

He was wearing a casual suit of grey, with a bowling hat over his balding head.  He was a skinny lanky man with an easy manner.  He had worked and traveled with Douglas Gordon for years now as his valet and was ready for almost anything that came his way. 

He came up closer to where what looked to be a young lady, guessing from the long lovely red hair falling down her back.  He gave a cough, not wanting to scare her as he got closer.  "Beautiful day, is it not?"  He had a strong Scottish accent and a deep voice.  He could sing baritone quite nicely and did often while working.

6 Posts
1 Thread

Lorna was seated easily there... Her eyes were closed as she rested her chin against her arms. The sounds of the ocean were soothing. They certainly helped put her at ease. Her body was relaxed, she was just taking it all in... It was in this moment that she would hear a voice breaking into her silent. Sitting up, she looked up to the see the man standing there... 

Obviously, he was not there to harm her. He had seen her and approached her, nothing wrong with that, right? Of course not... When he spoke, she noted his accent... Not English, certainly not Irish... Scots. Running her eyes across him quickly, she nods as she moves to stand up, her hands brushing the back of her dark brown skirt... 

"Aye... Breathtaking... Haven't seen a sight like that since leaving home."

It was true, her time in England had been in London, which offered no view of the ocean. London was cluttered and there was too much going on, she did not like it, but then again, a lot of it was the way she was treated because of where she was from. Her voice was light and easy on the ears, the Irish accent playing easily against her words. 

It was then that a thought occurred to her. Did he own this part of beach somehow? Had she trespassed onto his plot of land? Widened eyes looked up at him, they were a light sparkling shade of green... 

"I am not on your bit of property, am I? I apologize if I am, I didn't know."

280 Posts
8 Threads

"Obviously, you are not from around here either."  He smiled.  "I grew up in the highlands.  So, this is amazing to me.  We travel a lot, and I think when we are near the ocean I find as much time as I can to spend time to just look at it."

At her words and sound of concern, he quickly corrected her, "Och, nae lass.  My employer and I are renting a cottage here in town.  I am just taking a walk.  We've only been here a few month now.  How long have you lived here?  If I might ask?"

6 Posts
1 Thread

Lorna smiled a friendly smile, which seemed to fit her pretty face. Shaking her head, she chuckles.

"You would be correct... I am from Ireland."

Hearing that he travels, she tilts her head to the side, she was certainly curious. Wouldn't you be? Shifting her weight from one foot to the other, she looks back over the ocean. Inhaling a deep breath, she welcomes the gentle breeze that seems to caress her cheeks.

"I think you are lucky that you get to travel and.. I think it sad at the same time... Do you not miss home?"

Her attention returns to the man again as he offers his next question. Furrowing her brow, she offers a curious expression.

"A cottage? Sounds quite lovely"

Shrugging her shoulders, she tilts her head a bit to the side.

"A few days, maybe a week.. Not long... Why do you ask?"

280 Posts
8 Threads

"Och, aye.  I miss it often but figure traveling seeing so many places, meeting so many people of different cultures is exciting.  I will get too old to travel one day, then I will spend the rest of my life back in my beloved highland telling the wee lads and lasses aboot the places I've been."  He grinned.   "As I can live life, I plan tae."

At her response about the short time he nodded in understanding.  "I just wondered if you knew more than I did about places to visit in the area.  I go wandering around on my day off."  He looked out to the waves for a moment.  "Will you and your husband be staying in town for a while?"  He asked.  "I would like tae make new friends in the area and we could plan some exploring."  He was too old for the young lady, and as beautiful as she was he figured she was married.

6 Posts
1 Thread

Lorna could not help but smile at his words. It was, afterall, a nice thought. Reaching up to brush a few strands of red hair from her eyes, her smile widens.

"That does sound heavenly... I am sure you have wonderful stories to tell."

Then came the talk of how long she had been here... And then the mention of a husband.. Loneliness and abandonment set in once again. Feeling her cheeks flush, she shakes her head.

"I have no husband... So I don't think ya have to worry about that."

Did she want a husband? It was a nice thought, sharing your life with someone, but there were dark secrets that she had to overcome and she wasn't too certain on how she could do that. Clearing her throat, she looks back to the man.

"A person could always use a friend... Never have enough"

Chuckling, she moves to extend her hand towards him

"I'm Lorna..."

280 Posts
8 Threads

Thinking of his employer, he chuckled and nodded.  "Och, Aye, lass.  Indeed."  He kept the Earl's life information private.  Part of keeping his job and that he cared for the man.  Their families had been around each other for a long time.  He was a friend, as well as his boss.  One day when he was too old to follow the Earl around, most of the stories he could tell would not be of a problem kind of things to bother the Earl.

At the information that the young lady was single, lifted up a hand to tip his hat to the redheaded young woman.  "Well, consider yourself having a friend and a protector if sae needed."  He then introduced himself.  "I am Georgie Fraiser.  Nice to make your aquaintence, Lorna."

"Sae are yu 'ere alone here then, family?"  He felt a kind of concern for the girl far from her hometown.

6 Posts
1 Thread

The redhead wouldn't really pry anymore about his employer, wasn't her place to do it. She admired this man in regards to his loyalty and respect to his employer, it truly said a lot about his character.

Her smile returned when he sealed their friendship. It made her feel good... Not so alone.

"I am glad to have met you... I can now say that I have had a good day."

Lifting her shoes from the sand, Lorna moves forward.. Strolling along the sand. It was then that he asked about her family. Frowning, she parts her lips to speak softly.

"Parents have passed on and my siblings are in Ireland with their families... I have nothing to go back too... They have their spouse and children... I would be in the way... Here I am.."

280 Posts
8 Threads

Mr. Fraiser gave her a look of sadness.  "I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your parents."  He looked ahead them as they walked, his hands folded behind his back loosely.  "I am sure they would have a place for you, lass.  Family is like that usually, anyway."

Pausing, something came to him and he looked back at her.  "Did you have a job here that kept you?"  He could understand that even leaving her here alone that loyalty to an employer would keep her away from family as well.  He had stayed with the Earl for a variety of reasons over the years but that had been a strong one.