Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sanctuary [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She watched as the man abruptly left them, her eyes following him the whole way until he was gone from sight. She had never been fascinated before by a man and Edward Blackwood fascinated her. Her attention moved to Betsy and she said, "That was right kind of him ta offer me a place ta stay."

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"He's a kindly man whenever you can get him to take notice of something. He's helped me carry laundry when I am struggling, patched up workers when they've hurt themselves, and never seems to have a harsh or unkind word to say." Betsy says as they enter the kitchen and the maid helps Ruth onto a chair at the servant's table. "Of course, that was on the rare occasions he left his study, which he only does once or twice a day."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She gnawed on one side of her lower lip when she was ushered to the table. With help, she sat down and found that she didn't want to get up again. Sweat beaded on her upper lip from the discomfort she felt in her back. She heard that some women started to feel pain in their back in the day or two before going into labor and she felt herself panic just a little at the mere thought that it might happen. Oh please, she silently begged, not today... Wait just a little longer, baby, mine.

"Ye're all so very kind, I must say. Ye didn't have ta take me in but ye did. I am very grateful." And there was also fear in those big brown eyes of hers.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, tosh, who would leave a pregnant woman out in the rain?"

Betsy says as she brings over a cast-iron skillet and serves Ruth up a full English breakfast. Eggs, tomato, toast, bacon, sausage, and mushrooms all fried in butter served with a cup of black tea.

"Eat up."

Betsy encourages.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She looked at the amount of food being offered to her and her eyes grew big and round. She forgot about the back pain for the moment and gladly ate her fill. She had never gotten to eat as much as that before. There was, of course, leftovers because she could only eat so much. They would be sending her on her way with a full belly.

After she was done, she yawned tiredly. At least she hadn't caught a cold from the rain, but the food come was sure to come soon.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"You look fit for a nap."

Betsy says as she tugs Ruth to her feet.

"But ye can do that in the hansom. We've sent for one from town, you can freshen up in the bathroom while we wait for it to arrive."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She nodded sleepily. Assuming Betsy led her to the bathroom, she would do her business and then splash water on her face. She could certainly use a warm bath, she thought, hoping for the best when she went to see her mother and father. Dread filled her and she rubbed at her aching back, then was off in the hansom for other parts of Whitby...