Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Attempted Ambush [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

"I appreciate yur time here, Mr. Thomson.  I know yu 'ad another meeting," He pulled up his timepiece from his pocket and takes a look at it with a frown.  "I'm afraid I 'ave made yu late."

"It is not a problem my lord.  I have enjoyed sharing the history of our community and town with you.  There is much more, I can send a message to reschedule the meeting."  He offered.

"Nae, I want tae review this and walk arood the areas we 'ave been talking aboot.  Though, I woold like tae meet with yu again aboot more..."  He glanced around with annoyance at the various people that had 'happenedly' come by the library and their table specifically while the two men had chatted.

The older man chuckled.  "Quiet?  I understand.  Perhaps my study, next time?  I can arrange to have the books, images, and maps, that I referred to earlier to be brought over."  He suggested.  "It was to be expected when it was found out you were here.  If not your skill then the idea of a bachelor of your rank would bring the young and not so young ladies."  He chuckled glancing around.

Douglas nodded with a smile.  "That would be perfect.  Perhaps next Tuesday?"  He asked with a raised brow.  "I tried to keep it quiet as long as I could, I dinna guess it would have been tae much longer to avoid them."  He would call them vultures if he were more irritated, but he had enjoyed the visit with Mr. Thomas and was so far in a good mood.

"That would be perfect.  Tea time?  I can arrange for the cook to set it up for us."  The older man replied as he got up and started gathering the books to put back on the appropriate shelves.  "You will likely expect at least two invites to a party or large dinner event.  I saw two of the wives of some of our local social butterflies with available daughters chatting over on the other side of the library."

"I will look forward to it."  He got up and helped gathering the books.  He did not consider himself beyond helping with the task. "I dinna mind one or two.  But I dinna plan tae spend my time 'ere with social gatherings.  I am 'ere tae paint and draw."

Mr. Thomas gave an understanding look and took a set of maps out of the area to put them away.

About then Douglas glanced overhearing the irritated loud voice of one woman to see what was the problem.  So far, it had not been overly loud, just a lot of low chattering, and too many people coming over to "visit" with Mr. Thomas and "meet" his companion.  The loud voice though had been close enough catch Douglas's attention.  He frowned and with the last couple of books closed and set up neatly for Mr. Thomas, he handed them over to the older man. 

"I think I 'ave caused enough trouble tae those that are actually 'ere tae read or study for the time being.  I look forward tae seeing you next Tuesday."  Mr. Thomas shrugged taking the books.

"A little bit of excitement from time to time keeps things interesting."  He chuckled.  But then looking at the problem brewing, he sighed.  "We have some lovely people here, my lord.  Don't think us less for a few that are not."  He requested with a quiet tone as he headed off to take the books back to where they belonged.

Douglas gave a brief nod of agreement with the sentiment.  He about then caught sight of a familiar face and gave a curse under his breath.  He had been enjoying his visits with Nesah just as a man talking with another person that didn't know his rank.  Well, he was going to be outed at some point, he figured.   He walked on over to where the spat seemed to be about to grow, not sure what was going on, but more looked as he was heading to the exit of the library.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Philippa Danes - 11-25-2020, 03:06 AM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Nesah Meijer - 11-26-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Douglas Gordon - 11-30-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Philippa Danes - 12-01-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Nesah Meijer - 12-01-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Douglas Gordon - 12-02-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Philippa Danes - 12-03-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Nesah Meijer - 12-03-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Philippa Danes - 12-03-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Douglas Gordon - 12-04-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: Attempted Ambush - by Nesah Meijer - 12-05-2020, 10:06 PM