Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Waves that Plow To and Fro [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony was about to argue when she slipped out her feelings. He held out a hand towards her. "My point exactly! You've never been in love! You thought you were but it was just a little affection. Love, actual love, can't turn so quick. If it could it wasn't real! I liked you. I thought you were beautiful and fun to be around and kind. But I never said it was love even to myself because how could I know? I didn't know you well enough, everyone can look great if you see their good side and you spend all your time only saying nice things to each other and acting like a friend. Do you honestly think real love is so coincidental that the moment my sister is single and she happens to meet a single man she finds handsome it just works? That boggles my mind!"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She sighed, rather depressed now more than angry. That he could just poopoo away her feelings like that hurt. She no longer cared about his fight with his sister. There was a miserable look on her face. "Believe what you want, Pony. I'm not going to argue with you anymore." If this was just infatuation, she thought, she didn't want to know what love really was. She looked away from him and turned to start walking. Then she whirled around and asked, "Did you really like me, or were you using me?" she asked, recalling the conversation she'd had with Rose where her friend had warned her against men such as Pony.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony rose his brow. Did she know? He didn't like seeing her hurt but he felt like he didn't know her. "If I was just using you, why would I have talked to you about something personal that could cause such an argument? I did like you.." eventually. "But I was always cautious. I mean its not like you'd have ever seen eye to eye with me anyways, being an aristocrat." That was a small lie, he had known a good life too as a child.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Aristocrat? My father is a merchant and is not an aristocrat. I don't know where you came up with the idea that my blood is that bluer than yours, but it's not." She shook her head in bemusement. "Pony, I... This..." she gestured wildly, "isn't what I wanted when I gave you my opinion. I don't know your sister to know her motives and what I meant to say was maybe there is more to it than you know. People do desperate things when they are grieving. Maybe she isn't able to handle being alone. My own sister is a good example of that... She has been driven to drinking by the disappearance of her fiance. She thinks we don't know, but we do. I don't know if that is what it is. That doesn't make it right, mind. I am sorry that my thoughts came across as... you took them."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shook his head. He kept strapping up Jenny but he slowed down a bit. "Look, I'm .. sorry I yelled but I've been angry at this a lot. My sister is a very sensitive subject for me. And I thought if I talked to a woman I'd understand instead of just be told I was horrible for being angry and thinking what she was doing was wrong. And how my opinion and trying to be careful never matters. I pushed that anger on you. Alright?" He ran his fingers over his face in frustration. "Its not grieving. She seemed almost relieved to be out of that life. And doesn't even care that I was right at all about some things. I don't care what most people think of me, but I cared about hers and clearly, I shouldn't." He sighed heavily and patted Jenny's head gently before he started to move to get back on. "I'll let you have your beach back and won't return." He hung his head with an uneasy frown. "And I realize I shouldn't have talked to you about something that I could get so upset by."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Stay..." she blurted out, moving closer and beckoning him down. "Please... I've missed talking to you." Her words were true... even if she had been cross with him and hurt by him. She was partly at fault for it, she had realized. Instead of giving him comfort when he was in a bad spot, she had stuck her foot firmly and thoroughly in her mouth. He was one of the few people she could talk to and she didn't want it ruined. "Forgive me."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shook his head and sighed running a hand down his face. "I don't want you to apologize unless you mean it. If you believe we both did wrong, then we should just call it even. But if you really believe I'm wrong and an ass for my opinions, you should say it but be open to talk and not turn on me. I don't want you to just say whatever you think I need to hear. It won't make things better later on. I want the right for us to both disagree." He had liked talking to her, but he wasn't going to have her feel trapped because she had to agree to him. He was surprised enough though that she wanted to talk to him.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I am sorry," she said honestly. She looked up at him earnestly. "I should have been less opinionated and more sympathetic." Pearl then hung her head, saying no more for the moment since she was not trying to make excuses. She truly didn't want to fight with Pony and she missed him even if he had made her angry.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony sighed and looked from Jenny to her. "You had a very strong opinion. I can relate, I was very opinionated myself over something very sensitive and personal. "

He slipped off the cart and walked up to her. He extended his hand to her. "Want to make a promise? We will always talk civilly and not take things personally."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Agreed." She said and took his hand. She gave a shake, lingered for a moment longer, and squeezed his hand before letting go. She wanted to hug him instead but hesitated in doing such a thing.