By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] The Waves that Plow To and Fro [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] The Waves that Plow To and Fro [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=339)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Waves that Plow To and Fro [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Pony McBride - 06-30-2020

It was a lovely day with barely a cloud in the sky. Pony stood at the edge of the water, just out of the farthest reach of the waves. This was the special beach Pearl had shown him. Finding himself with little to do but remind himself why he was angry, he came here. 

Jenny remained close to the cart but was free to wander and he just watched the waves and the birds flying over the water. It was supposed to be her special place, but he was angry at hers so now it was his. He wanted to do something to make them a little unhappy.  He felt he had some right after all they had done to him. His hands were shoved deep in his pockets as he sang quietly to himself. "The sea shells of the sea rocking to and fro, remind me of young Edwin that ploughed the lowlands low."

RE: The Waves that Plow To and Fro - Pearl Blacke - 06-30-2020

They'd had a similar idea of going to the beach. She was a little depressed because she had genuine feelings for him and he'd hurt her with that stupid argument. She wanted to go there and get lost in watching the waves lap at the beach, but would not be taking a swim this time, remembering how sick she was the last time she swam in the cold water. She wanted to stop being angry about Pony, and the only way to do that was to connect with the ocean... except he was there. Some rebellious part of her was glad to see him, but then she remembered that she didn't want to see him. He was trespassing in more ways than one. After all, it was -her- beach... Her father owned it, but it was her special place, and Pony was standing there as calm as could be, singing a song. "You shouldn't be here," she said in a calm tone.

RE: The Waves that Plow To and Fro - Pony McBride - 06-30-2020

Pony rose his brow as he turned to look at her then back at the water. She was annoyed? Good! "And yet here I am." He squinted as the wind picked up and moved his body just a little to keep an eye on her. She didn't seem like the kind to try anything but he would make sure he was gone before she came back if she went to the trouble of getting someone to tattle that there was a guy in her spot.

"Yes, you are. But why?" she asked. "Of all places, you chose to come to my place." Her eyes narrowed at him as she regarded him with irritation. She did not move any closer than four feet away. She didn't just look upset with him, she was guarded as well as tired. "And seeing as we have nothing to say to each other, you'd best leave." She crossed her arms over her bosom and sniffed lightly.

"I wanted to come here. I don't need more of a reason just as I don't need a reason to leave just yet. You can't exactly push me away." Pony shrugged. "Life isn't fair is it? You have money but it can't make me do what you want. And how dare I not do what you want because you said so without even a please?"

"I dare because you're trespassing on land that does not belong to you. All I have to do is scream, Pony, and I can have you gone." She snapped her fingers to signify an instant. "But I would rather not stoop to such an uncivilized manner for the likes of you. Now kindly go away." Yet she didn't scream. There was part of her that wished they weren't fighting. But then again, he was the one acting entitled! How dare he?

He shrugged. "It is a beach, not a house. I didn't have to jump a fence or break a window. I can't hurt anything, you just don't like to have patience or share. " Pony put his hands in his coat. "Scream if you can't stand it and want me gone so badly. "

"I can share. I shared with you plenty." She tapped her foot. "I just don't want to share with you now, you... ass." And still, she did not scream. He had called her bluff. There was nobody guarding the place. She was, indeed, acting like a spoiled child, she realized and then sighed. "You know what, I don't care anymore. You don't care about my feelings, so why should I care about you or your feelings?" She marched over to the other side of the beach and parked it, grabbing rocks and chucking them into the waves.

Pony rolled his eyes. "If I didn't care about your feelings or your opinion, I wouldn't have gotten angry." He decided he didn't care to be around anymore since she wasn't leaving either. So he started to walk to the cart and get Jenny in place so he could strap her back in. "I don't care or like people. I find something I have in common and that lets me see them as a person, and that doesn't happen often. But I still had ideals about what people should be like. I thought that 'love' and 'marriage' are important things that take time. But you and my sister think other people are disposable and a new one can be gained as quickly as a new shirt. It makes me feel like I don't know either one of you and I don't want to. I don't want to get married, but now that I've lost my only family I had left. I sort of hope maybe one day I will find out if there's people out there that really do care about others and believe in something deeper than what I've always considered as puppy love.'

RE: The Waves that Plow To and Fro - Pearl Blacke - 07-01-2020

"You put words into my mouth," she yelled in frustration. "I never said I approved of what your sister may or may not be doing. I only tried to point out that you don't know the circumstances and I bet you never even asked her if she actually loved the man or not because you're too busy assuming the worst. I don't want to argue with you, you silly man. And for your information, you wouldn't know what love was if it hit you on top of the head because you're too focused on the sins of your sister to see what you had right in front of your face and threw away!" She was too angry by that point to realize what she had just said, but it didn't matter anyway. She was livid by that point.