Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Business to settle [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah almost melted at the smile and returned it cheerfully. "As well as can be imagined in my life. You are looking well, I am glad you are taking care of yourself. I find myself worrying sometimes that you work too hard."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel blushed lightly when Elijah said he looked well, but then started wondering frantically: was he too lazy? Had he been taking too much care of himself at the expense of the people he was supposed to help? What if Elijah would think less of him for it? "Well, it has been busy actually..." he quickly said. "I hope your work isn't too rough."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded quickly. "Oh I can only imagine. Your heart is so big, you are always working hard for the church and the people. I admire your diligence. " He waved him off and chuckled, "I am fine. I am hoping to have help soon, but if it isn't a little hard and rough, I'd be worried I'm doing something wrong."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Hard and rou-, FOCUS! Gabriel chuckled, to make sure no one knew what he was thinking, and then realized that that was entirely misplaced, stopped, and dug his hands into his pockets. Awkward. "I'm glad you're getting help."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled but cursed himself. He was in a serious relationship, he shouldn't feel those old fluttering feelings in his stomach when Gabriel reminded him how precious he could be. It made him want to do all he could to help the priest again.

"You are far too kind. I.. I really don't deserve your compassion." He smiled weakly and figured perhaps the man had come to visit. "Would... you like to come in for some tea?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"You need to stop speaking about yourself like that. You're one of the best people I know." Gabriel said. He meant it. But Elijah's words were also very flattering. "Yes please," he said to the offer, a little too eagerly. Then he remembered why he was here. What a bummer. "Well... I suppose you have some work to do first." Admittedly, Gabriel did consider just forgetting about Anthony, and having tea at Elijah's place. At this hour. Just because it would be rude to reject the invitation. He could justify that. But then he would have to tell Elijah later, and the man might be disappointed with him. "I found a man in the streets, severely injured. He was beaten up. Brought him home with me. The doctor's seen him already, but I thought I'd report it..." Especially the fact that he had heroically tended to this poor victim.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled at how open minded and caring Gabriel was and was about to let him inside when he told him the reason he came. He looked surprised. "Well, let's head to your place and check on this poor man. We can have tea afterwards if you wish if he will be alright. Thank you for helping someone in need to the point you got me to report it for him."

His smile returned at how courageous the other man was. "I don't know if there is another man in the town who tries so hard for others like you." He locked the door and started to walk towards the church. "Any idea who hurt him or why?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"You do, he's talking to me now," said Gabriel, but he relished in all the admiration. It had been a great idea to get Elijah.

Little did he know.

"I have no idea. He's hardly conscious. The doctor told me to wake him up every two hours. But even then, he is hardly conscious." He walked just a little too close to Elijah. He knew he shouldn't. But he had missed the man. More than he wanted to admit.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah actually blushed slightly at the compliment, he couldn't help it. Having Gabriel's attention was so addicting and something he missed.

He noticed how close they were and didn't pull back, he relished the closeness even if it was wrong. He truly was deserving his fiery afterlife it seemed. His eyes glanced towards Gabriel ad he nodded ,"Sounds like he was quite injured, the poor man. I hope he can remember what happened!"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Let's hope so. There really is a lot more crime in Whitby than I expected. It's appalling." He barely paid attention to what he was saying, though. Elijah was walking by his side. Elijah admired him. Elijah had invited him for tea.