Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Business to settle [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah watched him and frowned. He wanted to get the apothecary to get medicine for him but did nothing. He said he wouldn't leave and didn't know that he'd changed his mind. He was clueless about how much Anthony knew, he didn't want the guy to worry about something he felt would only cause anxiety. The constable sighed and hung his head, and though the position was very uncomfortable, he drifted off to sleep.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony's discomfort did not die, so he simply had to try and get used to it. That did not happen, no matter how long he waited and tried. He felt kind of hopeless, really — for a brief moment, he thought that maybe it would be best to just give up on being angry, and let whatever happens, happen. He eventually compromised with himself, and permitted himself to let go of that anger until tomorrow comes. Then he can be bitter again. Eventually, after what felt like hours (but was in reality probably only minutes), he managed to fall asleep yet again. It wasn't that he was comfortable enough or relaxed enough to do that — it was just that the tiredness was overshadowing everything else.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah woke up in the middle of the night with terrible pain in his neck from how he slept. He didn't want to move but had to. He went to bed to sleep normally though it was troubled by everything that happened and the physical soreness that went through his neck, shoulders, and back. It forced him to wake up early which was fine. He made breakfast for the both of them and was planning to leave as soon as Anthony woke up so that he could get him medicine he could take for his pain.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony didn't know whether to be glad or not by the fact that Elijah wasn't there when he woke up. He didn't want to think about it too much. He didn't want to think about anything too much, right now. And so he just tried to force himself to believe that everything was fine, nothing had happened, they were alright. If not physically, then otherwise. He stretched a bit as he actually woke up, and shifted so that he was sitting up, and not laying down. He was a bit dizzy at first, but it waned. And so he just sat there, staring at the wall, waiting for...something.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah heard him shift and looked in. 'You're awake. I'm making us breakfast. I'll bring you a bowl in just a few minutes. What would you like to drink? After we eat, I thought I would head out to get you some medicine. You're clearly in pain and while it won't get rid of it, it should lessen it. That's what matters, right?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

He winced as he heard that voice. Anthony glanced at Elijah for a moment, but quickly looked away. "I don't care," was all that he said as a response to the man's first question. He had better things to waste his energy on than deciding what to fucking drink. "sure. That's what matters." There were plenty of other things that mattered more. Nevermind. He shouldn't be thinking about those things. Everything is fine, and the fact he's injured is really the worst thing here. There is nothing worse than that, right now.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah's attempt to act cheerful fell immediately. He sighed and rubbed the corner of his forehead. He didn't want to deal with this. Between the newspaper, the Wards, Gabriel and Anthony -not even adding in the regular stress from his job- he just wanted to get on a coach and ride out of town without looking back. "Alright. You need to drink something, so I'll just grab you something." He grabbed a glass and filled it with water before placing it on the table near the sofa. He should have been more considerate because Anthony was just cranky from being in pain he was sure, but he couldn't waste the extra energy at the moment.

He sighed heavily and filled a bowl with porridge and placed it beside the glass with a spoon. He sat at the table to eat his own breakfast. "Take your time and eat it when you feel like it. I'll wash the dishes when I return from the apothecary." He should have asked how Anthony felt, but he had his own ideas based on how the man was acting.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

And yet, no matter how much he tried to convince himself that nothing was wrong, it never worked. He could tell that everything was wrong, here. If not because of the knowledge he gained yesterday, then because he could tell from the way Elijah was acting. From the way both of them were acting.

He glanced at the glass and the bowl the man placed on the table near him. Though he was hungry and hadn't eaten for the past two days, at least, he had completely lost his appetite already, and had no desire to eat. "...Right." He just stared at his hands in complete silence. He had the feeling that nothing he could say would be appreciated, so he just kept quiet, and waited until Elijah finally leaves, so that he can just break down in privacy.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah ate quickly, almost mechanically. After putting the dishes in the kitchen to clean when he got home, he grabbed his coat and gloves to leave. He was passing when he noticed Anthony hadn't touched anything. He sighed and stepped over, placing a small kiss on his forehead. "Please eat. You need your strength, you are so skinny I expect a strong breeze could knock you down. If it isn't good, I'll make you something better when I get home." He just wanted something in his life to go right. He waved and was gone.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

And with that, Anthony was alone. He entertained the idea of not eating and just letting himself starve to death for longer than was perhaps healthy. Would anyone even miss him if he actually died? He was almost certain that Elijah would get over it quickly. After all, he was more of a nuisance than anything else to him. And considering there was noone else who might mourn him, he eventually came to the conclusion that no, no one would care.

Not that it really mattered. He wasn't planning on dying anytime in the near future.

Anthony just stared at the food, and eventually just started to reluctantly pick at and eat it in very small bites. He wasn't even hungry anymore, he was simply doing this because it was the only thing here that was distracting him from just breaking down again. It was working, for now. Instead of crying and sobbing with the anger and betrayal he felt before, he just felt kind of vaguely sad and a little bit hopeless. ...He kept picking at his food.