Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Can't Stay Out of Others' Business
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had been walking and noticed Ben slowed. And he saw it in the man's eyes. He was exerting himself. He stopped and stared at the man. "Are you alright, Ben? Let's stop for a moment.. maybe find a place to sit down."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"I'm alright." Ben said stubbornly. But his chest was hurting and he was out of breath and had to admit: "I think this is as far as I'll go for tonight."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned more. " I will walk you home." He was sincerely worried he wouldn't make it. "I am not going to budge on this, Ben.." He added seriously.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben tried to laugh it off. "Come, now, Elijah. Ye know I can look after meself."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "I am sure you can, Ben. But you know I worry like a mother hen. Let me do this otherwise I won't be able to sleep."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded. "Alright, then. Just don't come back into the yard with me." He didn't want any of his neighbours to see and wonder. Much less did he want his children to think him weak.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

That was plenty close enough to see him get in safely. "Fair enough. Thank you for letting me as foolish as it is..." he smiled weakly.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben still walked slow, but tried to walk faster. He felt humiliated. Elijah had been like his own son and he knew the young man had always looked up to him. He felt like that image was probably being ripped apart now. The tragedies of the past few years had demanded their toll, and Simon's trouble was not helping his aging heart. "Och, I'll be well again soon enough." he said, half to himself.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose his brow. "Is there any need to rush? It's a beautiful evening."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Don't want to leave those children for too long." By which he meant Simon.