Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Can't Stay Out of Others' Business
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

"I am paying it, Ben. I don't care what you think. I want you healthy and to be with us a long time, and if it means paying him, then its my choice to do it. You need to calm down and I won't have you arguing with me over this. It is my decision!" Elijah said sharply and frowned having not wanted to yell. He sighed giving the doctor some money. "Is it ok if I pay you the rest in the morning since I don't have it on me? you can certainly find me easily if I tried to skip out." he smiled weakly and apologetically.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben... sulked.

The doctor looked at Elijah sourly, but seemed eager to have the disruptive people out of the hospital. He went back to his office and returned and gave the medicine to Elijah, rather than Ben. "One pill, twice a day, with food."
"What do you say to the people who can't have a meal twice a day, because they spent their money on medicine?" Simon commented.
"Will you Shut! Up!?" Ben snapped.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and paid the doctor most of the money with the promise he'd return. He went to the others with a very deep frown. "It's over and done with. This is about you, Ben. And it's my choice. So take it and be grateful. If you were gone your kids would be lost without you, so I don't want that to happen. And I can't ask you to calm down, you like to yell too much. So take these instead." He pushed the medicine into his hands ,ready to have Simon help him get him home. "Rose is probably sick with worry as it is."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben didn't like to be told off. Especially not in front of his children. He didn't want to lose face, especially in front of a son who already disregarded his authority. "It's fine, Elijah." he said quietly. "Thank you." He let the two men help him walk. Once he had been strong and independent, and he had been able to look after his family. What had become of him?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled softly. "You're welcome. I just want you around for a long time and I know they all feel the same." He walked quietly back though he knew he'd have to work hard to make sure he had enough to pay his bills now.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

They reached the cottage after a while, walking quietly. When they entered, Rose jumped up.
"Are you alright, father?"
"Aye lass, nothing to worry about." Ben answered as Simon heloed him sit down.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and smiled. "Thank you again, Simon for helping. Make sure you rest well, Ben." He took Rose aside to speak to her quietly. "Can you do me a favor, Rose? Something important?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Aside was hard in their small cottage, but when Rose understood he wanted to talk to her, she followed him out. "What is it? Is he alright, Elijah?" She said. She looked weary and pale and worried.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and nodded. "He'll be ok. But the doctor wants him to take it easy, since he can't do that I got some medicine for his heart. He needs to take it. I told him to, but you know how he can be. So please make sure for me. I think he doesn't like me 'wasting' my money or forcing him to do something that makes him feel weak, but we all want him as healthy as possible. So please, can you do all you can to help me with this? I know it is a lot to ask and he'll be difficult.'
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose frowned and seemed near tears but she nodded. "I'll do what I can," she whispered. "E's not been 'imself."