Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Just Checking In [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head. "I am not giving it to you for free. She will work for it, it'll be good, teaching her about a job and I'll pay her more than fairly but still rightfully earned. It's something I want to do.'
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Ben looked at Elijah hesitantly, but then he nodded. "Alright, thank you, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled. "I am happy to help, and Anne is such a sweet girl. I am glad to help out. Better with me than someone unknown for her first job."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Aye..." he said. "I hope it will be her last too. I'd rather see the girls married than in service. But I don't mind her working for you. It is kind of you."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded. "She is too young though. Alice too. I hope when they are older they both find very nice men who can take very good care of them. " He held up a hand, "Don't mention it. I have been considering it for a while."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I think I remember Maggie was her age... or Alice's. If it's a good husband, I'd rather see them have some security earlier. Since Alice ain't going to be a teacher, and I don't like the idea of her working for the rich folk. I don't trust them." His opinion on the rich had not improved after what he had found out about Simon.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and shook his head. "Now Ben. There are all types everywhere. I certainly prefer her close by, but I also prefer her having a kind husband. Not someone who makes enough money for a guaranteed roof and food but who drinks and cheats, or hits. Your kids deserve far better."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I said a good husband," Ben said. "Surely you didn't think I would ever let these girls marry a drunk or someone violent." Ben himself never drank at all and didn't allow his children to ever drink. "I'd rather use my last strength to strangle such a son-in-law."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and smiled weakly. "I would do what I could to stop such a wedding if I thought it was going to happen. A poor husband can work hard and try to improve towards better pay, at least. "
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded. "I'm happy to know they have you looking after them..."