Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Just Checking In [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had meant it and was happy to check up on Ben.  It was late in the after noon but he was hoping to see them after dinner. He didn't want to go before because he didn't want him to feel forced to share his food. 

He looked up at the house and slowly walked up to the place. Elijah didn't want to mention his worry over him. "Hey, Ben? Came to visit."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Anne and the boys were at work in the yard and greeted him. Alice opened the door. "Mr. Crane. Do come in. Father is a bit under the weather, so I hope ye don't catch owt."
"I'm fine!" came Ben's voice.
He was sitting at the table, trying to fix a boot. He wore a sweater and there was a blanket around his shoulders.
Alice gave Elijah a 'he's not' look, before returning to the stove. "I was just making tea. Would ye like some, Elijah?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah waved to the kids and gave Alice a weak smile and nod as he followed her in. He stared at Ben before thanking Alice and agreeing to tea. "Thank you very much." He took a seat and watched him trying to hide the worry and sadness he felt.

"You look cold."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"It's nowt. It's the temperature changing. I need to keep the joints warm."

Alice cast a sad look in Elijah's direction. Then she brought over two cups of tea. "Ill be just outside if ye need me, father." She said quietly. Then she took a tray and took a few cups outside to her siblings, giving the men their privacy.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He nodded though he said nothing. He sat across him and sipped the tea staring at the man. All his life, he had seen him as a big, strong man. Like this, it was heart breaking how the seasons and misfortune had worn him down. "Ah. I can... see if the chemist can prescribe you something if you like..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Eh... It's not too bad." Ben said, waving his hand. "Anyway, we've got better purposes for our money. Give it a few days." He put the boot down and put his hands around the cup to warm them. "It's whene'er the weather changes it gets bad. Don't get old, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and bit back mentioning he would have bought it himself. "Well I don't know if I care much for the alternative. .. " He sipped some tea and frowned. "Can I do anything for you?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"No Elijah," he said warmly. The man was always so eager to help and he appreciated it. "There's not much as can be done. It wll pass. I often think if I didn't have these bairns to look after, I'd be in me grave already." Although perhaps one had contributed to his decline. "But for their sake I'll get better. .. How have you been, anyway?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded to him. "I understand. If it changes, don't hesitate to let me know. I mean it. "He said and smiled slightly. He shrugged and stared into the tea. "I've.. had a lot on my mind lately. But nothing with easy answers. "
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben frowned. Though he knew Elijah's childhood hadn't been easy, he knew Elijah as someone who lived life easy and when he dealt with problems, they were usually other people's problems. "What's wrong, Elijah?" he asked kindly.