Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Just Checking In [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded and smiled weakly at him. "You were always like a dad to me. I guess it wasn't strange I thought of them as my brothers and sisters. I love you all and want everyone happy, though I know.. I don't have the power to do much."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben nodded. "Well... you could make another lass happy. It ain't good, Elijah... being all alone."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"It isn't like I am completely alone. I have you guys I can visit. Until the kids are older and all married and are too busy for me." He chuckled weakly though that put a sadness in his throat that he would be alone when they have moved on. " You are kind though, Ben. I wish there was someone for me, but.. I'm not sure it'll ever happen. Who knows though.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Elijah." His voice was sterner now. If Elijah was like a son to him, then it was also his job to talk sense into him. "Who will look after you when you are old and cannot work anymore?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked at him with a small uncertain frown. A wife? Children? Neither who are guaranteed to be there at his old age if he even had such things. He looked at the man before him and the thought he was desperately trying to find someone to be there to help out his children. "I.. I couldn't .. make anyone care for me. I .. have already been a burden in my life. I don't want to again.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben shook his head. "We all need people caring for us at some point in our lives, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded. "And you all havealready taken care of me. I think its my turn to help care for you.I .. don't feel right asking anyone to take care of me. I guess it seems strange."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben sighed. Elijah seemed very stubborn on this point and he got tired of arguing. "I just worry about ye, being all alone, Elijah. 'S all." He sipped his tea.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "I understand. I worry about you too. I guess I'm a bit stubborn . " He quietly sipped his tea and cleared his throat. "I was thinking.. maybe .. since rose is working now. Maybe I can pay Anne to come help clean my house once a week or so. I'll walk her home to make sure she gets back safe. It'll put a few coins back to the house to help you guys. Fifteen is a fine age for a little light work."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"That is very kind of you, Elijah," Ben said, "but surely we couldn't ask any money from you. You're like family."