Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

"Oh, thank ye," she said sincerely. "Tis a good pot pie." She finished her first portion and got up to clean up her little bit of mess as well as Betsy's if she was done too. It was then that she moved over to Jacob and picked him up, cooing, "Hello!" and gaining as close to a smile as a babe his age could give and spit bubbles. "Angus is missin' out on this sweet wee child o' mine, I tell ye," she said to Eleanor in reply to how he was an angel. "He hardly ever fusses at night either."

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"Yer quite lucky, Betsy was quite the handful when she was that size." Eleanor says with a chortle and Betsy gives her an offended look. "Mother!" Eleanor snorts at this. "What do ye want me ta say? I had more than one sleepless night with ye my poppet."

306 Posts
13 Threads

"I should find a quiet corner ta feed him before he does get demanding," she said with a chuckle. As if on cue, he started rooting. Ruth took him out of the kitchen and was headed toward her room, the only place she knew she was guaranteed not getting walked in upon and possibly shocking someone in the process.

312 Posts
2 Threads

On her way to the room she would pass by a big man with a mop of red hair and a big bushy beard to match and he grins at her. "Weel awright thare! ye mist be th' freish maid, ah heard ye hud a bairn. Names Angus Waclinktock, a'm th' groundskeeper. Nice ta meet ya!"

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Oh, aye, I am Ruth Blacke," she replied cheerfully, forgoing the use of her married name. "And this little bairn is Jacob," she continued. "Ah, ye're the one who supplied the cradle fer him, aye? Thank ye so much fer that, he has been sleepin' well." Ruth gave a friendly smile.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Ye'r fàilte 'twas na trauchle at a'. If yi''ll need anythin' else juist let me ken a'd be happy tae hulp." Angus says with a grin as he doffs his hate to her and the baby in turn. "n' tis crakin' ta meet baith o' ye fàilte tae th' manor." He says before he takes his leave heading off the kitchen to get his own dinner.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She went to her room after the man left her for his own dinner, and she, unaware that she left the door slightly ajar with trying to close it with her foot since her hands were full with Jacob. She then sat down and began the process of feeding her son. Once he was latched, she had eyes only for him and began to sing to him. The sound of it could be heard throughout the hallway and maybe a little further.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Edward had left his room. He did so on occasion usually when he was looking for something and he couldn't find it. There was a pull cord that was supposed to summon a servant but he often forgot about it. While he'd come from wealth, the Blackwood family owned numerous munitions factories in America, he had mostly ignored it once he'd gotten to school. He was an odd mix of not good at caring for himself but not one for imposing on others. Which was part of why he was so hard to deal with in general.

Meandering through the corridors he manages to find the servant's quarters which seemed like a good start. He was looking for salt and that would be in the kitchen so he was in the right area he was sure. Hearing the sound of a voice he wanders towards it finding a closed door, he knocks once but it was not as closed as he'd thought. It had been open a crack and now it was open fully revealing Ruth nursing Jacob.

"Oh hello!" He says smiling at her in no way bothered by this. "Where is the kitchen? I need some salt for an experiment."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She looked up, wide-eyed as Edward came into her room. He did knock but the door must have been left open by accident. "Oh, ah..." She noticed he seemed unphased by the fact that her child was eating. "I will show ye after the babe eats. I am goin' back there anyway." She fumbled for the afghan she had just finished making for her son's cradle the night before and pulled it over her son and herself, not wanting to be accused of vulgarity by anyone who might be around.

"Ye don't mind waiting for a time, do ye?" she asked, then looked down at her son, lifting the blanket enough to do so. She couldn't help but smile as he greedily suckled, making noises as he did so as if to indicate his delight in his meal. "Oh, ye are hungry, aren't ye?" she asked with a chuckle.

312 Posts
2 Threads

It takes Edward a moment to even realize what she is bothered by and then he blinks in surprise, his cheeks flushing a bit. "Oh, oh my, I didn't realize." He shakes his head, turning to let her cover herself without his watching. It wasn't that he'd been unphased by the site he'd just not even registered it. "I see the baby is still quite healthy. I had wondered where he got off to." Edward was not forgetful when it came to most things, only himself. He remembered the baby from the first time he'd seen Ruth.

"Er, you don't have to lead me if you just point in the right direction I am sure I can find it." He didn't want to trouble her or make her think she had to rush the babe's eating. He could find the kitchens he was sure of that the house wasn't that big.