Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Ugh, He was right. [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She opened her mouth like she was going to argue, but decided against it and simply nodded before heading to the bathroom to wash up and pull on a nightgown. She wrapped her shawl, a gift from her late husband, around her shoulders and stared in the mirror. Her heart grew heavy. She left the bathroom and crawled into bed before she could let it get to her.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony washed dishes and frowned slightly to himself. He made sure everything was put away before going to bed as well.

536 Posts
15 Threads

The next morning, she slept in, then she got up and made breakfast while singing a song. She had such a pretty voice when she sang that sometimes people stopped and listened. Whether he was there or not, she was making enough of the food that was brought over, warming up the last of some pie and gathering the empty dishes she needed to return to her lovely neighbors. While the stuff was warming up, she gathered the dry and clean laundry and put it all away.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony walked over and tsked. "I thought I told you to take it easy!" he held up a basket with some supplies she needed, including two already made scotch eggs for a surprise. "You can only have these if you're going to be good." He then smiled a little, obviously teasing her.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I feel fine right now. I promise to sit down if I get tired, but I slept longer than usual." She grinned and hugged him when she saw the supplies. Karen pulled the food from the oven and set it on a hot pad in the middle of the table. She sat down and ate a good amount of her food in silence, then just as she was scraping the burnt edges of the crust off of her plate into the refuse bucket, she said to him, "I am going to take today off from Mending. Does that please ye?"
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"You could sleep all day but if I saw you walking across town I'd be furious." Pony chuckled and hugged her gently and kissed the top of her head. He let her take out the food and sat to snatch a tiny bit for himself. He seemed to consider her thoughts before grinning nearly ear to ear. 'Alright, I suppose.." He handed over the eggs to her. "You enjoy, I'll buy you none tomorrow."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She demolished those eggs, they were gone before someone could utter a word, surely he knew they were gone the moment he gave them to her. Okay, so she had to chew it of course.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony wagged a finger. "What did I say? You should have relished them. There will be none tomorrow. Tomorrow I need to work and hope to sell a lot."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Believe it or not, that was relishing them." She laughed. "Thank you. And it's alright, I shouldn't eat these things every day. Besides, I still have another day of food to go through from the neighbors. I think there are some apple dumplings someone made, and some mince pie." She stood and stuck the dishes in the sink.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded and began to wash the dishes. "Sounds fantastic. What will you do today since you aren't working ?"