Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Ugh, He was right. [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

It was a good thing that Pony wasn't there at the moment, though knowing him, he would show up while she was with the doctor she'd had to send for in the middle of the night. "You say your brother has been telling you to be easy on yourself? He's right, you're going to need to slow down. With the fact you just lost your husband, you're very vulnerable to ailments right now, and besides that point, I felt more lumps than normal and it feels like you have more than one babe in your womb."

"It was suspected..." she said to the kindly old man as he closed his bag and stood with both hands holding the object in front of him. "My husband was a doctor and he would check me every week or so."

The doctor left after instructing her to get no more than an hour of walking, a suggestion that she get a cart for marketing if she didn't have one, not to carry a lot at once, et cetera. Her restrictions weren't too horrible, though she was irritated because her brother seemed to be right to a point and she hadn't listened... However, he didn't seem to listen to her either, always misconstruing what she said.

The next few hours were mostly quiet, but the knocks came and she was surprised to see that neighbors were starting to bring gifts to welcome her. Someone brought biscuits(cookies), another brought shepherd's pie... She at least had something to do that was constructive... She put the various foods where necessary and wrote down the names of the folks that brought her dishes, which she would return... or rather... ask Pony to if he was so inclined.

She sat on the porch after the onslaught of people came by, drinking lemonade and watching the birds and doing the mending that had been brought too. The morning was peaceful and she decided that she would stop trying to do everything on her own... she was tired, and she didn't want to fight anymore.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony returned, quiet as before. He just nodded to her and came in to see if things seemed fine. He was surprised at the food but found the list of names. Ah, the neighbors, that made sense. He started to put some ice in a large ice box so she could keep the stuff longer and then added some vegetables and a small basket of eggs inside for her. He was in a hurry to get out as quickly as possible so that she wouldn't yell at him for not listening to her again.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Pony..." she said, settling her hand on his arm. She looked at him with a tired face and said, "I am sorry I've been unreasonable. Ye did misunderstand what I meant about the control, it wasn't about you trying to control me so much as me trying to get control of myself and I suppose I worded it wrong. I never meant to get so angry and I am sorry. And ye're right. I should be resting." She would not tell him the doctor told her so, because he hated doctors with a passion and she didn't want to fight over it.

She sat down again and said, "I've been a mess and I'm flounderin', and I am not tryin' ta take things out on ye. My heart hurts more than I can explain right now and... I am frustrated. Ain't even yer fault."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shook his head, clearly he wasn't going to be quick to forgive. It had been too much, between the old town and this place. He was tired of her yelling at him. He just kept looking away. " I know you're hurting. I am trying to make due and be nice about everything. So I am not arguing and I'm not telling you what to do. You can feel better at your own pace, and you can do things on your own like you want." He bit his tongue to say more as he was going to be brief, the less said the better. "I'll be back in the morning, ok? Or is that too early for what YOU want?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

Looking defeated, she said, "The mending is ready if ye want to deliver it... Or I can get a neighbor in the mornin'... Whatever ye feel proper," very quietly and monotone. With that, she went to her bedroom and curled up, using the time alone to have a good cry. There was no yelling.

The next morning was the same as the morning before as another influx of neighbors came calling with more food. She wasn't going to need to cook for at least a time. This time, though, there were women who had heard of her plight and donated things for her house and for the baby... well, babies... Someone brought an old cradle that just needed a paint job, another brought a box full of frilly hand me down little day gowns and linens, and someone else brought blankets. She wept from the kindness of all the strangers.

More mending was brought to her house as well... It seems people liked her, though she seemed like a quiet and withdrawn lass. She did her work, then she rested and ate, and then she started washing her clothes and the donations in her back garden. She fell asleep in the middle of scrubbing a quilt.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

She was awoken to being shaken. "Hey! HEY! HEY! You alright?!" Pony stared at her in worry and frowned. When she did open her eyes he stopped and looked at her confused. "What are you doing? DId you faint?" He had seen the stuff inside but not her, and became very concerned. He was going to offer to work on the crib but then found her unconscious in what looked like mid cleaning which was certainly not like her. He as going to ask if she was alright. He could have tried to listen to her problems, but she didn't want him to have any part in that, she wanted to do it herself. It was maddening trying to help and having to stay arm's length away at all times.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She woke up with a startled snort, lifting a hand to wipe the moisture off of her chin... "Oh..." She leaned on her knees with her elbows and rubbed her face. "No, I just fell asleep. I'm tired, that's all." She said this in a reassuring way. "I am sorry to have startled ye, just somethin' about bein' pregnant with two babies it seems, and I am sleepy all the time whether happy or sad. Oh, goodness, I must have gotten relaxed by washing things."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony frowned eyeing her, she was always fair skin so he couldn't easily tell if she was pale or not. "You might be anemic. " He wanted to make suggestions but of course she didn't want to hear it. He couldn't even suggest for her to go inside and let him finish washing the large blanket. He had to see if she would ask but he didn't think she would.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Not anemic. I don't think ya heard me, brother. There are two babies. I am fairly certain by the way I feel like my belly is sometimes hosting races. I will let ye feel for yerself when they are big enough for others to feel. It's exhaustin growin' two babies." She looked at him. He hadn't reacted at all to the news. "I tried ta tell ye yesterday I was goin' ta accept any help ye want ta give. I can't do it alone." She had meant what she said after all.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony sighed. She wasn't even considering he could be right. "Alright. Then go inside." He said simply and went to finish washing the blanket that had now been sitting in the cold water. He sighed heavily and began to scrub it, when he had it hung, he'd begin on the crib. "Make sure you eat."