Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Remember Me? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Abilene Kildare
Abilene listened, nodding along where it seemed fit. "Yes, I remember Elijah." A kind fellow, she recalled, though not one she'd been particularly close to. She tilted her head with interest when she heard that Rose's sisters had gotten married. "Are they happy with their husbands?" she asked, twiddling her thumbs together. Abilene wanted to marry a good man one day and have children, but she wanted to know if the men here in Whitby around her and Rose's age made for good husbands.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Aye I suppose." That wasn't entirely true. Alice was obviously unhappy, and sometimes Rose got the feeling that Maggie was too. "Alice hasn't been married for long, so we'll have to see... How is your sister?" she quickly changed the subject.
Abilene Kildare
Abilene's smile flickered. "She contracted polio soon after we left Whitby and has been in a wheelchair ever since," she replied softly, then added, afraid she'd brought down the mood, "though she's as sweet and energetic as she ever was." A small laugh escaped her. "She wants to come to Whitby with me, but our grandmother won't allow it at the moment."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose was truly sorry to hear that. "Oh dear, that poor thing. I'm so sorry. I do hope she will be able to come eventually. I would love to see her again."
Abilene Kildare
Abilene nodded with a small smile. "I hope to convince Grandmother soon, or dear Linnie may go stir-crazy cooped up in the cold London winter." She gave a soft laugh. "I'm sure she'd be happy to see you, too." A thought crossed her mind and her smile turned a bit devilish, but still sweet as ever. "How about you?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows, "Do you have any beaux swooning at your feet?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose smiled and blushed. "I am seeing someone..." she admitted. "And guess what? He's a baker, from London! That's a coincidence." Rose was actually careful saying too much about Andrew and her courting. If it didn't work out, it would be embarrassing.
Abilene Kildare
Abilene gave a curious sort of smile. "Really? I just met again a fellow yesterday who I knew from London and has a bakery here in Whitby." She tilted her head. "Is your baker named Andrew, by any chance?" If it was, things just got a lot more complicated for Abilene, but she didn't let her apprehension show on her face.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Aye! That's the very one!" she said with a blush, entirely unaware of the trouble. "He's such a dear. A good person really. He's been helping the new teacher feeding them bairns."
Abilene Kildare
Abilene tried not to blush. Oh dear, so it was the fellow she'd known from London, whose reappearance in her life yesterday had sent butterflies wheeling through her stomach. "That's so sweet," she replied, quickly searching for a way to change the topic of conversation. "Ah- and what of Elijah? How has he been?" Although Abilene was never close to the current constable of Whitby, his was a name Rose had mentioned and so might be willing to discuss.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh, he's good!" said Rose, unaware of the fact that the constable was having his life falling apart around him, and very close to leaving town. "He seems glad to be back in Whitby. The big city didn't suit him. He's been doing quite well as constable here." As a glance at the local newspaper would confirm.