By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Remember Me? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Remember Me? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=326)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Remember Me? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Abilene Kildare - 06-21-2020

Abilene Kildare's day so far hadn't been very eventful. After reconnecting with a few friends yesterday, she was quite sure the news of her return had spread at least a little through town, and after her delightful day yesterday, she hoped to have more pleasant reconnections today. In a chipper mood, she'd decided to walk down to the docks on the West Pier of Whitby and so was strolling down the street past a few restaurants and a small inn, the ocean only a few minutes' walk away. This part of town was relatively busy this time of day, she noted, and spotted a few faces in the crowd she almost recognized but who didn't seem to know her. As her eyes strayed again to the sea, breathing in the chilly, salty breeze, she bumped into someone and gave a quiet cry. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" She turned to see if the person was alright.

RE: Remember Me? - Rose Willaby - 06-21-2020

Rose was on an errand. She too had been looking at sea to see if she could see her father's boat. She knocked straight into Abilene, and stepped back quickly. "Oh goodness, I am so sorry!" she gasped, rubbing her head. "Are you alright?" As she took a proper look, the girl looked familiar, but Rose couldn't quite say why. She didn't recognize her from anywhere.

RE: Remember Me? - Abilene Kildare - 06-21-2020

Abilene paused as she felt a twinge of recognition. The girl she'd bumped into looked quite familiar. She squinted a moment, then blushed as she realized this was probably rude, so she replied quickly, "Yes, I'm alright, are you?" Her side was a little sore from the force of their collision, but Abilene barely noticed as she tilted her head and added after a moment, "I'm so sorry if this is strange, but is your name Rose, by any chance?"

"Aye." replied Rose when the girl asked if she was okay. The next question had her frown. Who was looking for her. "Aye, I am. Who asks?"

A small smile grew on Abilene's face. "Rose Ward, right?" If she got a positive response, her smile grew and she added, "I don't suppose- well perhaps- my name is Abilene Kildare. I remember a Rose Ward from my childhood."

"Abi-, oh my goodness! Is it true?" Rose exclaimed, now understanding why the girl had seemed familiar. It had been many years of course, years during which the both of them had grown up from girls to young women, but Rose certainly recognized her now. "How lovely to see you? What brings you back to Whitby?"

Abilene's smile brightened on her face as Rose recognized her. She was a young woman now and she was quite pretty, in Abilene's opinion. "Yes, it's true," she replied, beaming, to Rose's mostly-rhetorical question, then answered the next, "I wanted to settle down somewhere quieter than London, where I've been living for many years, and I have fond memories of Whitby, so I came back here." She brushed a lock of blonde hair behind her ear absentmindedly as the breeze brushed it around her face. "How have you been? It's so good to see you again."

"Oh goodness, we must all seem such boring peasants to you after London!" Rose said, but she grinned. "I'm well, and so is me family." Well that wasn't true. Rose was miserable and as for her family: since Abilene had left, the two oldest sons and her mother had died, along with an infant sister, another sister had fallen pregnant and been shoved into some quickly patched up marriage, and who knew what disasters lay just around the corner. But she wouldn't disturb Abilene with that. "I'm in domestic service now... What about you?"

Abilene listened, genuinely glad to have reconnected with Rose. "I'm hoping to become a baker, like my parents," she replied with another grin. She glanced around the streets and gave a low whistle. "Whitby's just like I remember it, but different, too," she remarked, shaking her head to rid more locks of her hair from brushing across her face. She made a mental note to put her hair up next time she went out and about. "It's good to hear you're doing well. Has anything grand happened since I left..." She counted on her fingers and her eyes widened a bit as she realized just how long she'd been gone. "...nine years ago?"

"Oh that is wonderful!" Rose said. She thought when the girl asked about grand events. Rose didn't want to tell about the tragedies that had happened. "Did you know the young man Elijah Crane? He was friends with my family. Well, he became constable in town... Miss Sykes left as teacher... no wait, she must have been after your time... Well, anyway, the ___ school has a new teacher and he has quite a revolutionary approach. Maggie and Alice got married." She thought of anything else to say.