Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Inquiry [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was about to tell her not to worry about it when Tobias came in. He looked at him confused as he didn't try to push her away. "She is opening up to me, don't stifle her tears." He wasn't about to tell the guy about their conversation. "If you think my holding her means there is something between us, just don't. You can't be surprised she's opening up to someone who is like family, you have to give her time." He hugged Alice and patted her shoulder. "It's alright, I told you it will be alright."

744 Posts
16 Threads

Alice held on tighter.

Tobias looked at them, frowned, but then held up his hand. "I'm sorry. Do I need to... leave?"

Yes. And never come back.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked from him to Alice and back. "Just give us a little more time. I think it's harder for her to speak with you around.' He wanted him to realize she needed time, though it was true Alice wasn't attempting to warm up to him. She had a lot going on though and he didn't know how to help her to get through it. Being forced to jump right in wasn't working though. She was so upset and feeling so alone, he didn't want her to keep feeling like she'd been abandoned.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Tobias nodded and stepped out.

Alice finally pulled back and looked at him, her face puffy and wet. "I'm sorry. I don't want to give ye trouble. I don't want to give anyone trouble..." She began to cry again.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah gasped and shook his head as he hugged her again. "You are never any trouble. I am the one who has made things harder for you. I have been completely useless. You have had to deal with so much on your own. It's others who have been causing you trouble, not you. Noah did this to you, and it's because most of the people in this town can't just let you live your life because of this little mistake, they have to make it their business and make things harder on you than they already are, and Ben could only see one option for what's happened. You were not taught well to know what you and Noah would do could cause this, otherwise you would have been far more careful. So please, don't think you are trouble."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice cast her eyes down. "But I knew it was sinful. And now I'm being punished for it and yet I can't bear it with penitence and patience..." He lip quivered. "But I truly can't bear it... and I don't know what to do with myself. I feel... invaded..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed heavily. "You weren't intending to sin the way it happened. You thought you were just showing your love for a man that you thought you'd be with. You had no way of knowing how awful he could be. And had things turned out differently, no one would have batted an eye since I know at least a few in town had perhaps gotten a little to close to their spouse before they were married, and it just hurried things along." He tried to look at her. "Alice, I am sorry that all of this happened. And I don't want you to blame yourself and think you deserved anything bad that happened. Please, let us work together so that you can find a life that you can be happy with in the future. Is there anything you would like to do that you think you can do even with a child?" He knew if he suggested she put it up for adoption, Ben and Tobias would be furious beyond measure.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice avoided his eyes. Her sin had been worse than that of others. She had felt such wicked desires that she was ashamed to even think of it. When he asked her how she could be happy, she shook her head and began to cry again. "I don't want this child. I hate it! I want things to go back to normal..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked down, sadness clear on his face. "I can't... I could never agree to you removing the child back when it was possible. I just.. can't, its' against what I know to be right." He sighed heavily and rubbed his face. "And even if you got the baby adopted or lost, it won't go back to the way it was. You would still be married to Tobias unless he divorced you, and you know how angry that would make your dad. " He started to pace as he wanted to come up with an answer for her.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice sat quietly and nodded slowly. She felt like a thing. Only worse. For she did feel, vaguely. A general sense of sorrow and despair in the background, which darkened her thoughts and perceptions, and made it impossible to believe that things would ever be better. She could not resist without disappointing those she loved. And so the resistance had to turn inwards, until there was nothing of her left. "I'm ready to go..." she said quietly, wiping the last half-dried tears on her face. She rose.