Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Inquiry [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

[CW: married child]

A cart pulled up in front of the house, and a few moments later there was a knock on the door. After they had left the Ward home that morning, Tobias had said that he wanted to visit Elijah. Perhaps he had hoped that would draw a happy response from Alice, for she had not seen the constable since the wedding, but Alice had merely 'hmm'd and had drawn her woolen shawl tighter around her. Tobias had brought her an elegant lavender coat to match her new dress, but Alice continued to use the old faded checked shawl that many fisherwomen used. The fact that he seemed frustrated about it only made her more determined, and the graceful hat that she had started wearing out in public for a few days was replaced with her old scarf. It was an odd sight, no doubt, everything seeming out of order: A neat, elegant purple skirt and bodice, and new leather boots, combined with old woolen shawls and a cheerless pale face. But that probably looked as disordered as the grown up man and the young girl standing together in front of Elijah's door.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had just started to feel better. He had written Wesley to come to Whitby and Ben had cheered him up a little. When he opened the door, he was shocked to see Tobias and Alice. "Alice! It's so wonderful to see you. You look.." His smile faded slightly. "I hope things are alright. Please, won't you both come in. Sit down, I can make some tea.." He looked at Tobias as he opened the door wide.

"How are things?"

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Hello Elijah," said Alice, who cast her eyes down quickly.

"Hello Elijah. Things are alright. How are you doing?" Tobias said. They entered and Alice sat down. "Don't trouble yourself. We'll be on our way soon, but there's something I meant to ask you."

"I would love a cup of tea." Alice spoke up. Alice and Tobias exchanged a glance, but then Alice looked at Elijah and smiled.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was quick to smile back at Alice then looked to Tobias. "Oh things are... alright, I guess. Just sit and have tea, it won't take long. And go ahead and ask me what you need to." He went towards the kitchen where he could easily hear the other as he started to make their tea. "Anything I can do to help?"

744 Posts
16 Threads

"It's nothing serious," said Tobias, sitting down. "Just that I wanted to see if you were alright. I met your friend last night. The short guy I brought to your house the other time. He was basically begging for food and money. Gave him some of both, but he said he couldn't go to you for help anymore. I just wondered if anything's wrong and if there's som't I can do to help."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

When he spoke there was a sound of a glass dropping and breaking. "Ah! S-sorry." Elijah picked up the broken teacup. It gave him a chance to take his time responding as he gathered his thoughts. Anthony wasn't returning to him? Ever? So that was it.. He couldn't even have the decency to come up to him and break up face to face. He felt a few tears in his eyes, even if the other man had been exhausting to deal with he had hoped it was temporary. "T-that's ridiculous. I help those in need and always will. " He managed to take a deep breath and try to compose himself to make the tea. "I am sorry about that. He rather.. likes to exaggerate some time. Though we did get into quite an argument last time I saw him. I guess if he decided he couldn't come back, that's his choice."

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias stood up when he heard glass break and rushed to the kitchen, although Alice sat unmoved, stroking the cat. He figuured that Elijah wasn't hurt, and stood in the doorway watching the constable as he spoke. There was a frown on his face that seemed to deepen, while his eyes narrowed. Then his face cleared. He looked back at Alice for a second and then at Elijah again. "I'm sorry. It's not my business. I was worried something was amiss, but it seems things are quite alright and I shouldn't have troubled ye."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah gave him an apologetic smile as he threw away the pieces and shook his head. "I really appreciate your concern, and it's so very nice to see Alice again, so any excuse to have you visit is welcomed. I'm glad to say that I'm alright, despite how it must have sounded." He held out a cup of tea to Tobias as he grabbed another for Alice.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias gave him a small smile. "Well, I'm glad you're alright." He took the cup, and followed Elijah back to the sitting room and sat next to Alice. Alice was entirely preoccupied with the cat whose name Jack forgot.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He smiled and nodded as he grabbed another cup for himself, though his didn't match the other two. He would get a more matching cup later if he found one. As Elijah sat down, he smiled at Alice petting Diane and carefully placed her cup before her. "Thank you. May I ask why you came to town? I didn't expect to see either of you for a little while, though I had been planning to visit. I admit I've been very worried about Alice. Not.. against you Tobias. I just know it must be so hard to be in a new town without a familiar face. Though..' He glanced at Alice and his smile fell as she didn't look happy or even like herself. It was like a ghost. " I hope things do improve with a little time, and my door is always open.'