Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fox at the Door [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah held out his hands. "He isn't really being arrested. He is brought in for questioning since there has been a push for a case that I thought had been dismissed, but it seems i was mistaken. Now you know I'm not allowed to give details. Please, the sooner I can get this over, the sooner I can bring him home. I don't want the children to go without him either. Just a .. a little patience.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Go home!" Ben shouted at the men. He appreciated their concern and the fact that they had threatened that new constable, but he didn't want any of them in trouble.

The men glared at the new constable and cast a suspicious look at Elijah. "You better let him go after questioning." But then they left.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed putting a hand to his face and leaned against the wall looking physically exhausted, but it was almost all emotionally. Wesley pulled a small blanket they had in the station around his shoulders. "You've got a lot of paperwork to do, just sit and have your tea. I'll handle this."

With a small nod to the newly appointed Whitby constable, he sat in a chair and drank a little tea before Wesley approached Ben. "We will just wait and hopefully that Longbottom fellow will be here, otherwise I'll let you stay here while I go on a hunt for a liar. So.." He knelt down and smiled strangely at Ben. "Why don't you tell me the sort of interactions you've had with this Noah character since you discovered he'd gotten to know your daughter. "He stood to go through the file cabinet to look up Longbottom but curiously went to Ward and his eyes lit up on finding some interesting papers in there.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"He's known my daughter since he was a little boy." Began Ben, purposely being unhelpful. "Knew his older siblings and his parents. Some of the children were friends with mine, though I never let mine go there, because I did not want them to interact with the parents. The Longbottom children came to our place sometimes, and so did Noah. I would ask him how things were at home, and try to find out whether the children were in need of owt..."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 6'

Wesley nodded but then frowned. "You say you were worried about his parents? But what about yourself, are you going to tell me you were a good parent. That you don't have violent outbursts that could perhaps... lead you to hunting down this guy who dared to touch your purely innocent daughter?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked up with a shocked look and frowned. "Wesley.. I think that's a bit much."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben narrowed his eyes. "I ain't done nowt." What had Elijah told this man?

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley stepped up to Ben and dropped some papers on the desk. He knew the man wouldn't be able to tell what it was so he explained it. "You have quite a few skeletons in your closet. Thankfully, our good Elijah here is quite a bookkeeper. It has a report that was filed but not pursued. Seems you had a son named Simon who had come here because you struck him and he had marks." He pointed at the paper. "Clear evidence of your violent side."

Elijah looked pale and wide eyed. "Wesley! T-that has nothing to do with-"

"It has everything to do with this case! He tries to paint Harry as a drunk, but he is violent, even with his own children!"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

That clearly had an effect. Ben's face tensed up. He swallowed and looked down. "Simon was an isolated case... I did 'im wrong and I know it. He was a troublemaker and we got into a lot of fights. But I ain't violent to others..."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley frowned as he looked down at Ben. "How can I know that? These people know you better than I do. I have two reports that paint you as dangerous and violent. Both people didn't go through with it. Is that because they were afraid you'd silence them if they did?" He leaned down as his voice dropped. "Clearly, based on those men outside, if you were out of the picture temporarily, you could still get your revenge. I think you are dangerous and I am going to get to the bottom of this." He was suddenly pulled back as Elijah grabbed him to pull him away from Ben.

"You are going way too far, please stop." Elijah begged.

Wesley sighed and met the other Constable's eyes. "I am doing my job. Sometimes you have to push to get the truth. This is why this town is rotting around you. You are trying to treat the symptoms without touching the actual disease and it's only spreading further. You are a nice guy, but you're really too nice for the job. You're lucky I'm here to help you. When I fix all of this, you'll be able to take charge of a nice quiet small town, that's more fitting for you."

Elijah's eyes widened as this was a bit harsh even if he thought maybe Wesley was right. He needed some air but couldn't abandon Ben to being with this guy alone.