Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fox at the Door [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley had an easy time finding the Ward residence. Elijah told him where the place was, and he could tell the guy was soft on the family. He got it, they were like family to him and helped him when he only had his grandparents as a child. It only made it feel more likely that they were confident they could get away with this sort of thing. That's why Elijah didn't say anything about him being easy on them, that wouldn't be professional. 

He knocked sharply but briefly on the door as he waited. He had some notes and questions in mind, but he was sure he'd have an idea how likely he thought the man was within a minute or two in the conversation. He already felt the guy was suspicious, it was just getting enough information to lock him up.

As he waited, his eyes glanced around the neighborhood and he sighed. This place was utterly depressing if he let it get to him.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

It was Anne who opened the door, but one could see straight into the room. It was dinner time and there was a meal of potatoes, barley and some fish on the table. Anne seemed surprised at the stranger, and looked back at her father.

"Can I help ye, ser?" asked Ben.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley looked from the girl to the man, knowing who he was. He nodded but stayed at the door. "I'm Wesley Roberts, the new Constable. Might I have a word with you?" He tilted his head trying to act polite but he didn't want to stand around and wait until they were finished eating.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Aye..." said Ben, and then he realized that the man probably meant 'alone'. He got up and walked over. So this was Elijah's friend? He had arrived so quickly. Well, all the better. Ben got outside and closed the door behind him. Then he smiled and extended his hand. "Ben Ward. Elijah said he was going to get help. Welcome to Whitby, ser."

295 Posts
3 Threads

He waited patiently for him to arrive at the door before shaking his hand. "Thank you, yes, that's me. I was asked to come and help and I can tell you after just arriving that I didn't come too early, this town is in desperate need." He looked at the man and then tilted his head. "I actually came though to talk to you.. about an incident involving a certain Noah Longbottom. Would you maybe have any idea what I might be speaking of?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"There are many incidents involving Noah Longbottom, I'm afraid," Ben said dryly. "If ye mean him gettin' me daughter pregnant and denyin' it... I didn't know it was a business of t' police, but if ye want to take him in, I won't stop ye."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley held up a finger. "I do have a quick question about that. Your daughter is sixteen, I hear. And she is pregnant? Is there any chance she was with him before her birthday? It might help a case against him." He might as well get his testimony on that before the guy became less helpful.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I don't think so..." Ben said. He wouldn't lie to get Noah in to trouble. He wouldn't mind the kid spending a night in the cell, because he doubt it was the only reason he should, but he didn't actually want vengeance anymore. Justice had been served and they could move on. Little did he know. "Alice is turnin' seventeen, and it seems they were experimentin' and bein' stupid about it, more than..." Awkward. "Experienced." Ugh, he did not even want to think about all this.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley nodded, "Well then I supposed we won't pursue that. Well, then I shall get down to business. You were named as being behind an assault on the young Mister Longbottom. Where were you during the time of the incident and is there anyone besides your family that can corroborate it?" He tilted his head as he stared at the man. "You do seem to have a good reason for it if you did, but you seem rather calm about the entire incident now. He didn't even stand up to responsibility and marry her, I hear."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

That made him somewhat nervous, but Ben tried to keep his breathing steady. "I wouldn't have my daughter marry that lad even if he had proposed it." He had in the end, and Ben had said no. "He's goin' after his parents and I wasn't sorry when people said he'd been attacked. But I don't know when it happened exactly, so I can't tell ye where I was. At home, probably, or at the harbour. At sea? Depends..." He wasn't supposed to lie. But Noah wasn't supposed to talk. He had gotten what he deserved, and Ben had thought he was mature enough to accept it at least. Apparently not.