Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Hopefully-Pleasant Surprise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic smiled adoringly at his fiance and his hand came up to rest over hers upon his face. "I'm ready," he said, telling the truth, but his smile faded when he saw she was nervous. "Hey..." He drew her into a warm hug and murmured into her hair, "Everything's going to be alright. If you don't want to do this today, we don't have to."

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"I'm... I'm fine... It's just a bit to take in. I didn't think I'd be getting married so soon after... ye know... I feel a bit guilty for it." She was honest about her feelings, and took his hands in hers, "But tis the right thing to do, isn't it? We've already caused a stir." And that was true as well.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic frowned at her words, feeling his heart twist up in his chest. Of course she felt like that, and he felt awful for not having considered it until she said so. "It is," he murmured, and it was clear in his gaze that he felt bad if he'd caused any discomfort or whatnot. "Karen, I-" He swallowed. It had been so long since Patsy passed away that he knew it wasn't fair for him to say he understood her feelings, so he didn't. "I'm sorry."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I hate that me brother thinks I just threw me heart around like Harold didn't matter. It isn't true. I am not fickle. I just..." She trailed off, looking down. "I want this, but I had hoped we could wait until me grieving period was over in six months and then perhaps... but people talk and what we did... what if I am pregnant again? I can't have a child out of wedlock. And no, this is not just because we should. I love ye."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic was nearly shaking by the time Karen finished speaking and he knew this new guilt he felt wasn't about to go away anytime soon. He should have considered the consequences better before succumbing to his desire, he scolded himself mentally, and the frown on his face didn't fade in the slightest. Karen was looking down, and he felt awful that he'd caused her to do this when she wasn't fully ready. "I love you, too, Karen," he murmured, and his voice broke when he added, "and I'm sorry. I really am."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"No, don't be sorry. I... I wanted it as much as ye did. It's my fault too, ye know?" she gave a soft, humorless laugh and took his hand. "All will be right. I... I don't mean to make a fuss and I am sorry. Come, let's eat before we have ta go." She gave him a hug and then reminded him, "Wash yer hands," out of habit. She let go of him and then went in the kitchen to do the same.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic hugged her close, but he could tell her laugh held no joy and he still felt bad. He followed her into the kitchen and washed his hands, listening to Clover chattering about the ladybug he'd saved from a puddle this morning. He sat at the table and ate, though he didn't have much of an appetite, and kept looking up at Karen with guilt flashing across his eyes.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She, however, ate with gusto. She was hungry as she always was from nursing her children. She did not seem to stay humorless for long, talking genially with Clover about the ladybug, "And did the ladybug thank ye? I am sure she did in her way." She looked to Fred and there was reassurance in her eyes. The humorless laugh, as it turns out, was because humor wasnt good for that particular moment... though Fred probably did not know that was what it was. So her eyes were soft as she reached a hand over and squeezed his, waiting until she had his attention and was looking her in the eyes to say, "I love ye, Frederic Mulvahil."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic discovered she was looking up at him after a moment and met her gaze with a weak smile. "I love ye, Frederic Mulvahil." Clover gave a happy cry across the table and clapped, and Frederic's smile warmed to a real grin. "I love you too, Karen Calloway." He ran his hand up her arm and to her shoulder and added, a slight blush creeping onto his cheeks at the notion, "Soon to be Mrs. Karen Mulvahil."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Everything will be alright, my love," she said and squeezed his hand. Then she turned her attention to her soon to be son and said, "And I love ye too, Clover." She reached over and touched his hand too. "And we're goin' ta be a family. All five of us." For a moment, she was silent as she let the two digest what she said, and then she let go of their hands and returned to cutting her piece of ham.