Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Hopefully-Pleasant Surprise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic strolled up to the familiar yellow house, waving hello to the neighbor who was starting to recognize him as he visited this particular residence quite a bit as of late, and rubbed his hands together to rid them of the chill in the air. He hoped Karen wouldn't mind this unexpected visit. He'd had a slow day at his clock shop and hadn't been able to get his fiance off his mind, so he'd determined why not give her a visit. Now as he rapped on the door with a cold hand, he worried if she'd be happy to see him and frowned, but the look vanished a moment later as he cleared his throat and simply hoped for the best.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She answered the door, looking disheveled in her nightgown and robe, sleepy-eyed, red-nosed. Her eyes widened when she saw who it was and then gave a groan. Why did he have to show up when she had a cold and was all messy and stuff?! "Hello," she said and lifted a hanky to her nose, turning her head and giving a rather sound sneeze. "I'm afraid I am a bit of a mess, Fred. Ye're welcome to come in, of course..." She backed into the hallway to allow him in, always happy to see him. Assuming he came inside and closed the door, she moved up and gave him a snuggly type of hug.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic's gaze softened as he saw she was sick and gladly wrapped her in a warm hug. He hadn't really had a plan for what he was going to say or do once he arrived here, but now his instincts to take care of her went into motion and as he held her, he murmured into her hair, "Alright, you need rest. How are Niamh and Harold Jr? Have you eaten today? Do you have a headache?" In case she answered yes to the latter, the volume of his voice dropped as he asked that and he still kept her close as he waited for a reply.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh, they're fine. I was just about to take them out of their cribs to let them stretch their arms and legs." She paused and then answered the next question, "Oh, no, I haven't. I've fed the babes bottles, but I forgot about me. Me head hurts, I won't lie." Ahh, she was grateful even after her initial horror of him seeing her in such a state. Goodness knew she felt like the devil was on her noggin, sitting there knocking against her forehead with his large knuckles. Thankfully it was only a cold and she would be better soon enough, for she didn't have time to be ill.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic soon ushered her back towards her bedroom and tucked her into bed if she let him. All the time he was murmuring words of concern and comfort, and he even fluffed her pillows before drawing her blankets over her. "Might I use your kitchen?" He meant to make her soup. "I'll replace every bit of food I use," he reassured and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "And if your babies cry for you, I'll bring them to you so you don't have to get up."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Ye don't have ta do all that," she only half-protested as he ushered her into her bedroom and such. "Ye can if ye'd like." She dutifully got in her bed. He would see that the bassinets had been moved into the room Pony had occupied and was no longer in the parlor. She snuggled down into her blankets and sighed at the soft pillows underneath her aching head. She managed to smile up at him even with the headache.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic saw how sleepy and sick Karen was and he desired to cuddle her, but his want to take care of her trumped that wish and he went into the kitchen to start cooking. As he set the pot on the stove about a half hour later, he wiped his brow and looked out the window. It was snowing. He put a few more logs on the fire in the hearth to keep the house warm and then went to check on Niamh and Harold Jr. Both were asleep, and he smiled fondly at the babies for a moment before poking his head into Karen's room. He hoped she was still resting.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She was half asleep when he came to check on her, curled up on her side with her arm under the pillow. When she saw him, she said drowsily, "I've missed ye, Frederic." She gave a soft smile and then yawned and rolled over, promptly falling asleep and snoring softly. The twins remained asleep as well, both content after full bellies still and happy to just be asleep.

When she awoke next, she sat up with a start, having had strange dreams that she baffled her as much as it did annoy her. Why was it whenever she got sick, she had these blasted dreams? It had been almost a year since she had last been ill, and she'd had dreams like that then.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic gave a soft smile, his heart warming at her words, and replied softly, "I love you, Karen," but she was already asleep again. He returned to the kitchen and finished up the soup, and when it was done, he went back to Karen's room, peeking in to see if she was awake. To his surprise, she was sitting up with an expression on her face as if she'd just seen a ghost. He hurried in and put the bowl of hot soup he'd brought on her nightstand as he sat on the side of her bed and then took her hands in his own. "Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I was only havin' a dream. I get strange ones when I am sick." She squeezed his hands and then glanced over toward the soup. Her stomach growled and she salivated. "I think I am quite famished now. Is that for me then?" She nodded toward the food in question, knowing it was for her but so tired that she asked anyway. She groaned at herself and flopped backward onto the pillow.