Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Hopefully-Pleasant Surprise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic realized his own eyes were tearing up as he moved onto the bed, wrapping his arms around his fiance and son. He didn't mind, though, he was elated at Karen's answer. It felt like they were really becoming a family. "I love you," he murmured softly, holding them close, "both of you, so much."

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

They hugged her anyway. Lord, she hoped they wouldn't get sick because of her. She wrapped her arms around the two of them and murmured, "I love you too..." She sighed in contentment while holding onto her little family that she should not be so lucky to have so soon. She hoped that all would be alright soon enough, and wondered if they ought to get the marriage done and over with since the curtains had been wide open and anyone could have seen what was going on.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic, although neither could have known it, was thinking similar thoughts to Karen and his mind strayed to their unscheduled marriage. How hard could it be to just go down to the courthouse (one she was feeling better) and just sign the documents? Or would she want a proper wedding? He was fine with either, and if folks looked their way with a peculiar, scathing gaze, by God he'd protect Karen from their uncalled-for judgments.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Indeed, she didn't know what he was thinking, that he was thinking similar thoughts as she. She said to Clover, "Why don't ye get washed up fer supper? I wish ta talk to yer pa about something important." She kissed him on his forehead and gave him another hug, before shooing him from the room so she could talk to Fred. Assuming the boy left, she said, "We should... probably get married as soon as I am well enough ta do so."
Frederic Mulvahil
Clover beamed at Karen kissing him on the forehead, his tears of joy dried by now, and scampered out of the room at her direction. Frederic turned to his fiance and drew her close to his body, smiling as he tucked his head into her shoulder. At her words, he lifted his head and nodded, his smile quirking up at the corners. "I was just thinking the same thing, lovely." He kissed her cheek. "And I must admit..." He winked at her. "I feel no shame in my excitement." His gaze softened. "Though I would like to do things however you want them. I suppose you might not want a public wedding, considering the situation?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I propose we elope," she said. "No matter what we choose to do, the outcome will have people talking and others angry. Me brother will be furious with me but it can't be helped. I am not pregnant, thankfully, so that is one less worry... but we still... were together. I had hoped to wait six more months but there is no time to wait." She said all of this with multiple sighs. "I say we go to Gretna Green and elope."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic listened well to her words and nodded at the right moments. Her sighing made him rub his arm up and down her back in a soothing gesture and he smiled softly at her. "I agree, eloping is what's best," he replied softly and leaned his forehead against hers, the joy of her agreement of Clover calling her Ma still lifting his spirits. His gaze softened. "I hope I didn't cause you any worry or trouble."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Nay, ye didn't..." she murmured and wrapped her arms around him in reassurance. Her head settled upon his shoulder and she sighed once more, but more out of being weary than anything. Oh, what a day it had been. She cuddled close to him and wished they were wed already so it wouldn't be an issue anymore. Oh, how her brother was going to hate her, she knew it as sure as anything.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic kissed the top of her head and murmured in reply, "Good, good." He held her close and they cuddled there on the bed for a few minutes until Clover bounced into the room (literally; he hopped about when excited), waving his hands up and down and declaring he'd washed his hands very well. Frederic looked to Karen and said, "I'll bring you a bowl." He meant of soup, but he presumed she knew that. He pecked her cheek and squeezed her hands as he slipped off the bed. "And I'll check on Niamh and Harold."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Alright," she said softly, then lay back down. There was much to think about and it was all swirling through her head at te moment. She had not anticipated the drapes being wide open and hoped the world didn't take a gander at her exposed breasts when she fed her children. Her cheeks flared bright red at the mere thought. This was a mess, even if they agreed to elope, it wasn't exactly how she had thought to fall in love again. She pulled the blanket up to her chin and yawned, drifting off despite her best efforts not to.