Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What Defines Innocence [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem winked. "Bet you feel warmer now." He wished he had the money to treat her to another drink but he also didn't want her to think he was trying to get her drunk. He started to work on his own meal. "Hope you don't over do it, easy to when it's your first time."

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

"I do feel warmer now," she said with a little bit of a wheeze. Goodness gracious, that stuff was nasty! "I don't think I need another." She gave a pleasant sounding laugh and then her mouth curled downward a little when the food arrived and looked... well.......... yeah. "Well, here is to not going hungry tonight," she said as she lifted her spoon.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded with a smirk. "Good, you shouldn't really have more. " The food was awful but seemed edible, so he was quite happy to dig in. "Not as bad as prison food it seems. Here's to it not coming up again." He grinned as he started to eat.

134 Posts
9 Threads

For the first time in who knows how long in her life, she let out a throaty laugh that was not forced. She liked him, he was a bit rough around the edges but she liked him. She took a bite of her food and it wasn't as horrible as it looked, but it wasn't that great either. She was glad she knew how to cook, for if she ever had to live on her own, she would surely do better than that. Not that she was as good a cook as the one at the home where she had been fostered. "This is not as bad as it looks."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem ate slower but started to watch her with a raised brow. As he finished a bite, he let his voice break the silence between them. "I'm surprised at you and I worry. You are going to get yourself hurt. Sitting and drinking with a complete stranger. I even bring up prison and you do not bat an eye. You're either brave or foolish or both. Should I tell the constable to keep an close eye out on you?" He hadn't even met the constable. He was sure he was a loser from what he had heard, but having some sort of police help was better than none.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"And you are still here talking to me, eating on my coin, are you not?" She managed to finish her meal, though not without grimacing at the aftertaste left in her mouth. Boy, was it greasy? She sighed and said, "All I did was offer to repay kindness. I don't see the harm in that, even if you had the mere thought of doing me harm. It is true that I don't know you, but I don't know anyone here except for you." She gave a shrug. "If you are asking me about you needing to get a constable, are you sure you are out to get me?"

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem watched her as he finished his meal and shook his head. "Some might tell you I'm quite a vicious and dangerous man. They would only be partially right, but it isn't about me. I am not a danger to you, but you never know who is. So I just want you to be careful. Keep a weapon with you if you can, don't go walking with strange men down dark alleyways at night. I promise, if you scream no one will come."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"You look like you could win a fight," she admitted, "I promise I'll be careful." Though, she thought, I don't know how to defend myself. "There isn't much for me to be robbed of, truth be told. Unless the robber wants to wear muddy clothes and look at ruined art." She had brought her art supplies after all. Hopefully, those weren't ruined.

281 Posts
6 Threads

"Thank you, I have won many fights and lost perhaps even more though that was because I have been fighting since I was a kid. " Menachem awkwardly cleared his throat. "I don't wish to be disturbing but.. you are a woman. There is a lot more they can take from you than mere positions. I do suggest you be careful."

134 Posts
9 Threads

She honestly had no idea what he was referring to when he mentioned... other things... and heat crept up her neck for her to have to even ask. "What do you mean?" She didn't even know what fornication was, let alone worse. She was only educated in ways that weren't involved with a woman's body... save for her menses. All she knew was that fornication was a sin according to the bible and the priest who oversaw her school.