Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What Defines Innocence [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

The rain came down hard, he was hugging himself as he watched it fall. He had already been soaked, caught out in it before he found some cover. He had nothing in his pockets to buy food or a drink, at the moment. He was hoping something would fall into his lap by chance. After seeing everyone hurry by he noticed a woman walking alone. Flashback of his stupid brother's stupid maid came to mind. He sneered and stepped out of the rain following her. He tried to wipe away his angry expression but it didn't want to go. 

He tipped his hat lower to keep the rain from his eyes and he shoved his hands into his pockets. He didn't say anything but she hadn't noticed him just yet, not that he noticed anyway.

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

It was already too late to keep from getting drenched. She felt like a drowned rat as she looked for some cover, squinting through the hard falling rain and then grabbing for luggage that fell from her arms. She knelt down with a sigh, doing that motion with her arms that bespoke of irritation, and then she hefted the carpetbag and started stuffing wet articals of clothing into it. "Of all the blasted days," she said to herself. She was supposed to be looking for lodgings so she could look for work and it seemed that the rain had other ideas.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem was starting to plot things when the woman's luggage exploded and there was clothing everywhere. He muttered under his breath and watched. "Want help?" He wasn't about to just start helping, the woman would think the worst as they always do. The last thing he needed was her screaming about some pervert grabbing her personal items, not that anyone would probably come. "Your stuff is starting to get muddy." He gestured to a few pieces that had landed on the edge of a rain puddle and were soaked and getting dirtier by the second. Seeing someone else have a bad time for once almost made him smile.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Please, sir," she said as she looked toward the man who offered help. But he seemed more content to point out where her things fell than actually picking something up. Pah, muddy clothes. Everything was amuck and soon she forgot temporarily about his pointing and stuffed whatever had fallen into the puddle, into her bag. With a sigh, she stuffed a stocking in and shook her head, "Looks like I will be needing to pay money I don't have for my laundry to be washed too," she muttered to herself as she nearly threw her hands up in surrender. When the last of the items, or so she thought, was stuffed inside the bag, she forced the bag closed only to find that the latch had broken, her clothes nearly falling victim again to the bag but she jerked up a knee to catch the bottom. She then tilted her head back some and laughed a humorless laugh heavenward.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Now it was just pathetic. Menachem looked away as the bag threatened to open again. "Wait a second..' He reached down and removed his belt. "Calm down, I'm not gonna give you a show. Not interested." He grumbled and pulled off the belt and wrapped it around her bag to keep it closed. He almost sealed it when he noticed something in the puddle and plucked it up to throw in before it could be identified, hoping to keep her from getting the wrong idea.

"Why not try to make friends with someone local who can let you borrow their washtub? You can offer to do a little of their laundry along with your own. If they're busy enough, they might jump at the chance." He held the bag out to her to take. "I can't leave you alone until I get that back." He gestured to the belt but then looked her up and down. "I don't think my being here can make your day worse."

134 Posts
9 Threads

She wasn't even making a big deal of the belt and he was telling her to calm down. Who was this man? She bit her tongue to keep from calling him arrogant that he would assume she would faint or something at the sight of a man taking off his belt. In all actuality, the sight did nothing, not even stir up some girlish fancy. She would say a soft, "Thank you," instead. Amelia watched as he secured her bag and then he announced he couldn't leave her until he got his belt back, which she agreed with. "Where is the nearest, inexpensive inn?" she asked through teeth that were beginning to chatter with the cold of the rain.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem was glad the woman didn't yell or act overly sensitive. He gestured towards the side. "That way. You can't miss it." Indeed, you couldn't miss that shit hole. But she asked for the cheapest, not best priced. He let her walk as he kept just beside her, still thinking he would use this to get enough money for a meal though he certainly hated to beg. He also didn't warn her of the place's condition or reputation since she hadn't asked. "Why are you here?" It was a question of curiosity. Why would anyone come to that terrible town unless they had to.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"I am looking for work as a governess," she said. "My father sent me here." She was not worried about the place being a shithole since she had seen pretty bad conditions before, not that she had lived them but bad conditions were par for the course. She wasn't sure why her father had chosen Whitby when it was so very far away from Cornwall, not that she had ever really been in Cornwall with her family, seeing as she had been fostered out. "I am not sure why he chose here," she said.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem laughed. "Does your father hate you? Whitby is a drain. The weather and misery suck people in and sink them into nothing.." He glanced at her as he opened the door to let her into the inn in question. He wondered if perhaps her father did send her here to forget about her. "You may want to prop something up against the door, the locks here aren't exactly.. reliable."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"I don't know. I have only met my father a few times." She gave a shrug and then looked up at the inn in question, seeming to take a long moment to take it in. When he said that she should put something in front of the door, she looked at him with a nod. "I suppose I shall have to." But she didn't say it in horror, though most ladies would probably balk at the prospect of staying in such a place. "I don't have much of a choice." She didn't have much coin on her and that would simply have to do.