Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Hosta la Vista! [Market, Shops and Spas]
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'3"

When the willowy man recoiled, Mehmet did his best not to sneeze lest it blow him over. (But mostly because ugh, his sinuses were raw.)

He did not consider himself an especially menacing man. Did any gardener really consider himself a menacing man? But he was used to dealing with clientele of more delicate sensibilities, and so he raised his hands to show he meant no harm.

“Steal shit at night,” he said in a surprisingly easygoing tone. “No one wants to go looking for a masked burglar, even if he’s tall enough to draw lightning.”

Especially if he’s tall enough to draw lightning.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Seeing that he wasn't about to be chased across the lawn over a plant, Francis relaxed though he looked slightly insulted. 

"I wasn't thinking of it as stealing. I mean there were do many plants out, I figured no one would care if one was gone. "Sure that wasn't true, but he liked making an excuse. And he certainly would steal if an opportunity arose , day or night. 

He seemed to think over his words again though. "You think I should wear a mask even if it's just for something like this?"
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

This was a deep, philosophical question that deserved proper contemplation.

“You know what, sir? I’m going to have to think on that one.”

Cough get in contact with some of his shadier ‘gardeners’.

“Do you have time for tea on Sunday?”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

The fact he gave the gardener pause made Francis grin. He felt smart that the man wanted to talk more. He almost agreed but then became suspicious. "It love to, if you can promise there won't be anyone of a .. law enforcing mentality.."

He stretched out a hand, "I'm Francis but my friends used to call me Franky."
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

"Hoping that's mutual. I'm a law-abiding citizen, except for when I'm not."

Mehmet reached out his handkerchief-holding hand before catching himself, clearing his throat, bunching it up and stuffing it back in his pocket. He then shook Francis' hand.

"Moe."

... He wondered what happened to Francis' friends, but knew better than to ask.

"Nice to meet you, Francis."

Or invite an unknown curse upon himself.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

"Hey, what a small world! Me too." Francis grinned as he reached to shake his hand. He pulled back seeing the man make the handkerchief appear and disappear like an incompetent magician then shook the now empty hand.

"Good to meet you, Moe. Always good to meet someone of a fellow like mind. Like plants, like following the law when it suits us, yes?" He shook his hand fast and for longer than necessary before letting go. "Let me ask you something, Moe? Is this your main job or is it one you have taken up for now?" He was just wondering if this was the man's career. It was gardening in winter so he had to know what he was doing. He seemed to since he helped Francis with the Hosta.
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

"It's the family trade," Mehmet answered, eyes still red-rimmed from the perking up plants during a brief thaw. "And for your living..?"

He drew the handkerchief out again with a shake rather than flourish (for it was thoroughly saturated) and sneezed into it.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis tilted his head as his new friend seemed to not take to the plants so well. "Oh I'm in transition. I grew up on a farm, but now..' He shrugged the best he could with the plant in tow. "I would like to find a new career, but it isn't easy.'

He stepped closer though certainly carefully. "Are you alright? You seem... sniffly."
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Mehmet shook his head sympathetically. Whether Francis was a farmer or not was of little matter to him - planting could be taught either way.

"Get the runs all odd times of year," Mehmet said, turning his head and clearing his throat. "Though this - ahech! - this' odder than most."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis looked at the man sympathetically and searched his pockets. He managed to have a rag that worked as well as anything and offered it to the man for his nose while still carefully clutching his new prize. "Sorry to hear that. Perhaps all this work isn't good for you? Eh?"