Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Hosta la Vista! [Market, Shops and Spas]
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'3"

It was a day like any other. Mehmet covered his face with a handkerchief out of habit as he passed under the alder tree, taking idle inventory of the potted plants that were getting some outdoor time to condition them for proper planting.

He backtracked and squinted at a gap between the pots.

Had someone taken the hosta?
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Not far away, an insignificant  looking man was walking away, potted plant in tow. He was looking down and humming at his clearly good fortune at finding an easy to transport plant to liven up his room.
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Was he really going to chase a guy over hosta? It wasn’t like he stole the lavender. Still.

The hosta-wielding fellow would hear Mehmet blowing his nose long before the gardener started ambling half-heartedly after him.

“S’cuse me,” he called, though not loudly because he didn’t want to alert his generous employers to just how hard he wasn’t trying. “Uh, you with the hosta.”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Hearing someone behind him, he glanced behind his shoulder just before the man actually spoke. He stared at the man who was shorter than him but looked like he could skip him across a pond as easily as a stone.

"Me?" He gestured to himself and then looked around, still holding the pot carefully with one arm. "I think you must have me mistaken for someone else, good sir. I've no idea what you are talking about."
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Mehmet drew in a phlegmatic, rattling breath.

“What? Don’t tell me the hosta’s stealing,” he paused to cough and clear his throat, “ahem. Stealing you.”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis stared at the man, wondering if he was I'll but his words reached his ears and realization came to his eyes. He looked down at the plant and grinned.

"Ah this is a hosta? I just saw a bunch of plants left out and figured one would really light up my room. It looked so lonely and abandoned just..sitting there." He made no move to return it.
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

He ambled a few more short steps toward the far taller, and yet nonetheless easier to throw man.

“Do you know how to take care of that?” He tried to sound accusative, but it ended in a curious lilt.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

The man scratched his cheek idly as he peered at the newly acquired treasure in his arm and then at the other man. "I used to be rather good with plants. I'm sure I can figure it out. Are you offering tips?" He gave a toothy smile and tilted his head to appear as innocent as possible.
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Mehmet touched his tongue to an eyetooth, peered warily over his shoulder, then looked back to the plant pincher before hurrying to catch up with him.

“They need a good freeze,” he wheezed. “Don’t keep it in a warm room in winter.”

Oh, whew. His nose was clearing up a bit.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

There was a small well of fear as the man moved towards him. He stepped back and hugged the plant close. He became slightly relieved when the man seemed uninterested in attacking him to reclaim his flora. "Oh? Alright, I can do that. any other tips?" He tried to edge away as the man was intimidating to say the least.