Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Bess poured them all a cup of stew with some grains. "Eat up fast then. Tobias will prepare the cart. "And brought some stew to the girls.
"Thank you, Elijah..." Ben said again, quietly. "You've been searching tirelessly since yesterday morning. We owe you."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah smiled weakly. "You are like family to me. I would never forgive myself if something had happened." He thanked them and dug in. "I'm sure I'll sleep great tonight."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

When they were done eating, and Tobias had settled the carriage, Bess hugged the girls. "Look after yerselves, and don't ever do owt as silly as that again." The girls thanked Bess and promised they wouldn't. Tobias helped them up into the carriage (which was really just an open farm cart. Bess shook Ben's hand and told him that she was glad for him, and Ben once again thanked her. Then she turned to Elijah and shook his hand. "Whitby can be glad with a constable like you."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was ready to leave but first shook Tobias' hand, "You are too kind. This is a blessed town , I've not met one unkind person and you have been the best of all. Thank you so much for everything." He certainly liked the town and figured if  he ever got sick of Whitby he knew where he would like to go.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"We're glad for that." Said Tobias, shaking Elijah's hand. "Feel free to visit us any time, all of you, though preferably not on foot at midnight the next time." The girls blushed. "I travel down to Whitby occasionally. I'll make sure to drop by the police station."
"And drop by --- yard." said Ben.
Tobias nodded. "I'd be delighted. Now please get in, Elijah. With a bit of luck we can get to Goathland in time for the two thirty train."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and smiled as he got on so they could get to the train. "Certainly feel free to come by. You're always welcome." It was the least he could do for the man and his sister.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

They arrived at the station and Tobias helped them get off. "Actually, I might as well come down on Sunday. I can take the dresses back with me. I'll make sure to pop my head round the door of your office as well, Elijah."
"Most welcome. Why don't you all join for Sunday dinner." Said Ben. "We owe you and your sister, and Elijah." He patted the constable's shoulder.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "You know I never turn down a meal." He chuckled softly and looked to Tobias. "You should come."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Tobias nodded and turned to Alice and Anne. "You girls look after yourselves... no more foolishness..." They looked at him sheepishly, thanked him and promised.

Once on the train, the girls sat opposite of Ben and Elijah and soon fell asleep against one another.
"I thought I had lost them..." Ben said quietly.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed finally able to relax and nodded. "I did too. We were so lucky. I hope they have truly learned their lesson. I can't believe Alice was afraid of what would happen if you found out."