Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Both Bess and Tobias looked a little uncomfortable and were silent. But Tobias finally patted his shoulder. "I don't know about t' younger lass. But t' one who is with child... Maybe what made 'er run was shame rather than fear. And when we're ashamed, don't we try to hide from the people we love most of all?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

He nodded and smiled weakly. "That's true. She knew I wouldn't be able to hide this from her father and she was so upset at disappointing and upsetting him."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"I meant she might be ashamed before you..." Tobias said. "But that too, surely."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah arched a brow. "Me? Couldn't be. " He smiled slightly and waved it off as it was completely ridiculous. "I am just glad they will be coming home and can work through all this."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Tobias shrugged. "I don't know your relationship. I just thought, if you were such a close family friend. That's why they might not want to talk to you."
"I hope you can sort it out when you get home." said Bess. "And sort the poor girl's situation out."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah still looked confused. "I am a family friend but I can't imagine she'd be so worried over my opinion, unkess.." He blinked as he realized she might have feared he'd arrest her for stealing the money. It was still ridiculous but made more sense to him.

"Thank you. I'll do what I can to help them figure out something."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Bess nodded and they siblings were quiet.

After some time, Ben came to the kitchen, pale, visibly worn out and shaken, but looking relieved. He turned to Tobias and Bess. "I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. You saved my daughters' lives." He turned to Elijah. "And you, Elijah, we wouldn't have known to look in Goathland without ye."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "The stationĀ  master helped me out. And you know I wouldn't have rest until they were found. So, are they sleeping now? We should perhaps plan on taking them home sooner than later as soon as they can safely travel. "
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"Dozing. But aye I'd prefer to be home before dark..." said Ben "But their clothes are still drying."
"Let them keep the dresses." said Tobias. "They belonged to me wife, and they're not Bess's size."
"Oh no, we can't do that." said Ben. "Ye could still get money for them. Listen, we'll send them back to you."
"I had prepared a stew," said Bess. "Ye must all eat som't before you're on your way. Then Tobias can drive ye to Goathland station and you can catch a train back from there."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Afree listening to the discussion, Elijah felt torn. "It'll be good for them to get some food, but then we will go. We really don't want to inconvenience you more than we have. You've been so very kind."