Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] It's Just a Cold [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

When they were outside, and Elijah addressed her, Alice felt something closing her throat. She almost couldn't breathe. How she wished he would just leave her alone, so that she could try and get control over her feelings again. She wanted to say that she was alright, but when she tried to speak, she burst into tears instead and covered her face. "Oh.... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry...." she grasped through her sobs. "I'm just tired." But she wasn't just tired. She wanted to curl up, and not stop crying at all, just surrender to her desperate tears. And then maybe, she could tell Elijah. And maybe he would take pity on her and find a solution. How she needed someone to help her.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nearly panicked when she cried. He had seen people cry but never someone so close. He hugged her and shook his head. "I-it's ok. I.. don't know why you're crying. B-but it's ok. Cry it out..t-then we can talk. A-alright?" His arms weren't too tight so if she didn't want him hugging her, as his mind spun. Was it just stress? Was there something going on he didn't know about? Someone upsetting her? He worried but didn't want to ask her anything until she was ready.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice knew it was inappropriate to hug a grown man, but she was also desperate for the warmth and care. She cried into his chest, but when the worst was out, she pulled back. "I'm so sorry," she said again, wiping her face. "Father's right, I'm too emotional. I'm just tired, 's all." She forced a smile. "Ye needn't worry about me. Worry about him."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "You seem exhausted, it's ok. If things are hard, you can let us know. I know Ben can make it seem like everyone has to be tough. But see? Even he needs help sometimes, even if he hates to admit it. "He chuckled weakly trying to lighten the situation the best he could though it felt awkward. "Please take it easy. I'll come by to check on you guys, ok? I want you to rest too. If you want I can call the doctor back to make sure you aren't getting sick if you want. I swear, it'll be out of my own pocket."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice nodded slowly. The kindness almost made her tear up again. "Thank you, Elijah." Seeing a doctor would be the last thing she would do. She didn't look him in the eye. "Thank you for looking after us so well."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged and smiled. "You're the closest thing I have to family. I love you guys and want to help and protect you the best I can. That is why I am always trying so hard. And I always will." He figured she had nothing else to say so he walked to open the door for her to go in. "Please make sure you take it easy. If you like I can try to get some healthy food for you. Maybe you haven't been eating well too?"
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

"Oh don't worry about us, please." She said. She entered. More food in the house would make it even more difficult to hide from father and Anne how she could hardly eat in the morning, for fear of getting sick. " Don't worry. Thank you for looking after the boys."

"Are we going now?" said Bram.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Of course. I'm always here for you guys if you need me." Elijah smiled hoping things would improve when she didn't have to worry about her father. He turned to Bram and nodded. "As long as you both are ready. Say goodbye and we will go. Maybe we'll drop by after school so you both can see how your dad is doing."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"I ain't goin' to school while father's sick. I'm helpin' William on t' boat!" Bram said happily.
"It's just for a few days, Elijah." Ben quickly said, hoping the constable wouldn't make a problem out of it.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked uncertain.He looked to Ben and sighed. "I can't go against your rules. I just want to make sure he won't fall behind." He glanced at Bram, " I'll go by the schoolyard to make sure you don't miss any lessons. If I have to, I'll teach you myself before bed at night."