Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] It's Just a Cold [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben had thought it had just been a bad cold when he had been sick last time, and Will and Bram had had to do the fishing. But his symptoms had worsened and here he was, in bed, burning up, with his children tending to him. Every time he decided that this was ridiculous and he told himself to toughen up and got up, he would soon have to lie down again, and Alice and Anne would scold him and Will would tell him it was alright; he could do the work with Bram's help. Bram meanwhile, had been sent outside by his weary sisters, and was in the yard, playing with a cat, when he saw Elijah. 
"Elijah! Father's sick!" he shouted.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah saw the boy outside, he wanted to give an encouraging smile but he was truly worried. "So I've heard. I've come to check on him."

He was really hoping he could convince him to see a doctor. Even as he stepped in, he could see the man laying there like death was lurking just outside the home. He hurried to his side and knelt down. 

"I need to call you a doctor. You look awful!"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

William was sitting on the floor, working on nets. Anne was sitting at the table, sewing, but her eyes flashing from her work to her father. Alice was by her father's side, looking pale and worn.
"No doctor..."Ben muttered. A doctor would give him advice Ben wouldn't follow, like rest enough, and they would have to pay him for it too. The doctor hadn't been able to save Hannah. Alice gave Elijah a desperate look.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah ran a hand through his hair frustrated. "You are bed ridden and clearly very ill. You are barely able to watch your kids, certainly can't do much else right now. Please, I am begging you to go. Not for me, or even yourself, but them." He figured it was worth a shot.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben groaned and put a hand over his eyes. The problem with Elijah was that he was almost as stubborn as Ben himself. It was hardly the first battle of wills they had had, and Ben knew by now that there were certain occasions where Elijah would not give up. "A doctor won't do me no good, you'll see. I'll be back to health in the morrow, anyway." He wanted to believe it so badly, he knew he would force himself out of bed, no matter what. "Help me up..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

The awkward Constable moved to his side and gripped his arm to help pull him up. He heaved to help get him to his feet, but was quick to help him back if it clearly wasn't going to work. "You better be, or I will call a doctor all on my own."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

William shot up and was by his father's side instantly to support him, although he was a small boy in comparison.
"Father, let me go get the doctor and ask him to come instead." Anne begged. Alice pressed her lips together and frowned as she watched her father.
"Fine, fine." said Ben, frustrated, but his stubbornness clearly outnumbered.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Seeing that the children were getting to their father, Elijah relaxed sighed. As the man gently put him back to lay down, he nodded to Anne. "Don't worry, we will keep an eye on him until you get back. "He looked at Ben and smiled sadly."We are very worried about you. Don't get too mad because we are wanting to try anything."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Anne rushed out. "I'm not mad, Elijah..." Ben said. "I just can't afford to get really sick. Who's gonna look after these children."
"We're not helpless, father." Alice quickly said. "William and Bram did a great job today and Anne and I are not children anymore."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Eiljah shook his head. "You think being stubborn and possibly making yourself worse is the answer? I will help with the bill. You know that." It had killed his savings last time, but he'd do it again in a heart beat. "See? The kids are alright. If they need help I am sure we can find some sort of help."