Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] It's Just a Cold [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben's face grew grim. He hated it when Elijah scolded him like he was the child. Elijah had been a boy once, when he was a man who took him under his wing. He didn't like the roles changing. "Well, I'm back in bed, aren't I?"
But Bram came rushing in. "Is father going to die?" he asked.
"I HAD SAID GET OUT!" Alice shrieked.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Eiljah nodded, "But you have not accepted help or a doctor. It's making us worry.' He jumped at the yelling and stared at Alice wide eyed. He held out an arm for Bram to sit with him. "Calm down, he is confused and worried. Aren't you, Bram? Your father will be fine. We are getting a doctor to look at him."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Bram looked at his sister with big eyes and quickly walked over to Elijah. "Alice..." said Ben. But Alice burst into tears and rushed out.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked surprised as he left. He hung his head and put a hand on Bram's shoulder to give the boy some comfort since he was sure the turn of events was rather upsetting. He would go check on her as soon as he could but for now he had to focus on the ill man.
"She's such a sensitive type, I am worried for her own health if she worries so. We all care for you and will help you get better. You just need to take it easy." It was back to this again.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben sighed. "She's rather emotional lately... I think she's worn out." He looked at Bram, who was sitting by Elijah's side, looking rather miserable. "Ye should have obeyed yer sister and stayed outside," he told the boy, and Bram looked down and nodded quietly.

Ben turned to Elijah. "Actually... If ye want to help, Elijah, and if it's not too much trouble... It would probably be of great help if you could take the boys in for a few days, just until I'm better. They can look after themselves well and will be out workin' by day, so they shouldn't give ye too much trouble."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and was quiet as he spoke. He hoped Alice was alright, there had been a lot going on in her life that probably made more days feel bad than good.

He ruffled Bram's hair when Ben made his request. His hand froze and he stared up at the man. "Watch the boys? I don't know much about taking care of kids but I guess they are old enough they don't need too much supervision."

He looked at the boy and cocked his head to the side. "Is that alright with you? Staying with me for a bit while your dad recovers? You gotta behave." He smiled weakly, hoping he would accept. All of Ben's kids were good even if they tripped along the way. He believed that deep in his heart and wanted them to manage through this difficult time while Ben needed their strength and cooperation most perhaps.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Bram nodded, and actually seemed quite excited. "Ye needn't do much but provide a roof and food, so it will be more quiet here for t' girls. Well, and make sure they don't go causin' trouble. Bram mostly." He looked at his youngest son. "Ye listen to Elijah, and to yer brother. I'll hear of it if you don't. Ye got that?"

Bram nodded sheepishly. Will reassured his father: "I'll look after him. We won't trouble Elijah at all. You needn't worry, father."

Ben nodded and turned back to Elijah. "Ye got full authority o'er them, but if it's becomin' trouble, do send 'em back. I'm sure I'll be better soon."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled as he heard that Bram seemed excited to stay with him. It was nice to feel liked by the people that were like family. He shook his head and patted Ben's arm. "Focus on recovering. I handle some of the worst in town every day, I can handle them. They are wonderful kids. We will come by to check up on you since I know they will be worried." He smiled at the kids though it was still daunting to think what he would do since he only cared for himself for a while. "I may have questions though. but I'm sure it'll be alright. I just hope you are back on your feet soon. I'm sure being bed ridden is a pain to you."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Thank you, Elijah," Ben said wearily. "I appreciate it."

Anne returned with the doctor, and the doctor examined him, told him it was flu and gave him some medicine. Alice had come back in sheepishly. When the doctor was gone, Ben turned to her. "Alice, lass, ye ought to be ashamed of yerself, screamin' like ye'r some child. Yer too emotional." Alice bit her lip, looked at her hands and apologized quietly. "Elijah will take Bram and Will for a few days, so that should be some weight of yer shoulders." Ben explained. Alice looked at Elijah miserably, her face pale and her lips thin and she nodded at him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was glad at the news since he felt more confident that Ben would be better soon. Seeing Alice though, worried him greatly and he felt Ben was being too hard on his children again. He looked at her showing his worry and as soon as he had a second he pulled her aside to speak quietly. "Everything alright? You're not ill too are you? If you are, you should say something. I can try to come by and help as well if need be. I was going to bring the boys anyway to check up on Ben. You. look awful. Have you been sleeping alright?" He was sure the stress was getting to her, perhaps all of the kids. He didn't know what he could do but he at least had to try.