Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

It Had to be You

133 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'8"

The meeting with her parents was a hard one to face, but in the end, her parents sadly could not bear her going behind their backs in such a manner. Penny would not hear of their insults toward her husband, defending him. "He has been nothing but wonderful to me. Would you rather I be happy or do you wish for me to pretend that I don't want something more than fitting into a bubble. Charles gets me out of that bubble. Our abode may be humble, but there is love there." And then she would look at him with all sincerity and say, "I don't think I can abide by your rules, mamma, papa, I understand what journey I am getting into, and I do it whole heartedly."

When they left, it was with the knowledge that she might have burnt that bridge, and she sat is silence as they trundled down the road. How she brooded at the idea that her father was not so kind at the moment, she knew he would come around one day... or rather, hoped.

It was starting to get dark, they hadn't eaten yet, and she thought about what to make. "Do you think you could stir up enough coin for me to make a meal for us? I wish to make something nice. Perhaps a roast chicken if at all possible. I know there isn't time tonight, I can wait, but I wish to prepare a meal for us to eat. I'd be happy with just a chicken and the vegetables, but I could make us a fruit pie of some sort if you'd like." She was drooping, her eyes half closed with her exhaustion as she rambled.